Wild Alaskan salmon, the 1000 mile dog race food

pointstar

Post by pointstar » Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:28 pm

http://www.alaskadispatch.com/article/2 ... mon-course

What powers Iditarod dogs over 1,000 unforgiving miles? Wild Alaska salmon, of course. It's natural, wholesome, and contains absolutely no corn gluten.

Before you argue this, please list the number of times your corn fed dog has run 1000 miles while pulling a load the entire way.

Angus

Re: Wild Alaskan salmon, the 1000 mile dog race food

Post by Angus » Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:32 pm

Yep. Nothing like pulling the weight of 1000 lbs of wild salmon 1000 miles to feed sled dogs that win. :lol:

Labs4Me

Post by Labs4Me » Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:40 pm

I guess all those Red Paw and Inukshuk fed winning teams should just go home :roll:

Angus

Post by Angus » Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:46 pm

Labs4Me wrote:I guess all those Red Paw and Inukshuk fed winning teams should just go home :roll:
Those Dr. Tim teams really didn't win either.

I love how the article states "for a snack" but is being used as some kind of argument.

MATT4126

Post by MATT4126 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:52 pm

Uggh, really do we have to endure another post by this character.....

cmc274

Post by cmc274 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:57 pm

I thought controlling this bs was the purpose of moderators. Not that I am shocked by any means though.

pointstar

Post by pointstar » Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:05 pm

Angus wrote:Yep. Nothing like pulling the weight of 1000 lbs of wild salmon 1000 miles to feed sled dogs that win. :lol:
The Iditarod sled dog race begins the first Saturday in March. Teams of 16 huskies will pull their musher in a sled 1100 miles across the frozen Alaska wilderness from Anchorage to Nome. This trip typically takes from 9 to 15 days. What will these dogs be eating to fuel the energy needed for such a feat?

One calorie is the energy needed to raise the temperature of one gram of water by one degree at one atmosphere pressure. It has been determined that an average sized sled dog can burn more than 10,000 of these calories each day during the race. These calorie-burning furnaces can not consume all of this in one or two meals but must be fed small meals every few hours throughout the day. Their bodies require protein, fat, carbohydrate and fiber, with fat being the most calorie-dense. To cover their caloric needs, more fat may be temporarily added to their diet, especially when temperatures are most bitter. This is done gradually over several days as too much fat added suddenly can cause diarrhea.

Each musher calculates his/her own dog food diet but most feed a premium power-packed dog food with added options of lamb trimmings, poultry skins, hamburger, moose or salmon steaks, occasionally corn oil, and for some, seal oil or mink mixture, in addition to vitamin, mineral, and probiotic supplements. The musher aims for a food that is about 2500 calories per pound. Water is important too, and although the food is usually fed frozen and raw, snow may be melted for making a stew.

Though high performance snacks are carried on the sled, it’s not possible to carry two week’s worth of food for 16 huskies. Mushers must prepare the food a couple of weeks ahead of time, in pre-measured bags, and send it out to the eighteen checkpoints set up along the Iditarod trail.

The wiry little canine athletes can work up enormous appetites while averaging more than a hundred miles a day in front of a sled, in subzero temperatures, but tasty nutrition will be waiting for them at each rest stop.
http://suite101.com/a/feeding-iditarod-dogs-a14813

Thus the Iditarod dog consumes NO CORN KIBBLE OR CORN GLUTEN, as it is a clearly inferior energy source.

Angus

Post by Angus » Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:07 pm

Moderating is in the title. Moderate. Can't just ban people left and right because you don't you do not agree with them.

While the posters and threads are getting old, I do believe that they server a purpose. So imo I would let them roll on while all sides of the argument is posted. This allows others to form their on opinion. Lock the threads when no longer valuable. Exactly what the mods have been doing.

Moderating is not an easy job, but they have been doing a good job with the recent influx from the Doggiefood forum.

Angus

Post by Angus » Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:09 pm

pointstar wrote:
Angus wrote:Yep. Nothing like pulling the weight of 1000 lbs of wild salmon 1000 miles to feed sled dogs that win. :lol:
The Iditarod sled dog race begins the first Saturday in March. Teams of 16 huskies will pull their musher in a sled 1100 miles across the frozen Alaska wilderness from Anchorage to Nome. This trip typically takes from 9 to 15 days. What will these dogs be eating to fuel the energy needed for such a feat?

One calorie is the energy needed to raise the temperature of one gram of water by one degree at one atmosphere pressure. It has been determined that an average sized sled dog can burn more than 10,000 of these calories each day during the race. These calorie-burning furnaces can not consume all of this in one or two meals but must be fed small meals every few hours throughout the day. Their bodies require protein, fat, carbohydrate and fiber, with fat being the most calorie-dense. To cover their caloric needs, more fat may be temporarily added to their diet, especially when temperatures are most bitter. This is done gradually over several days as too much fat added suddenly can cause diarrhea.

Each musher calculates his/her own dog food diet but most feed a premium power-packed dog food with added options of lamb trimmings, poultry skins, hamburger, moose or salmon steaks, occasionally corn oil, and for some, seal oil or mink mixture, in addition to vitamin, mineral, and probiotic supplements. The musher aims for a food that is about 2500 calories per pound. Water is important too, and although the food is usually fed frozen and raw, snow may be melted for making a stew.

Though high performance snacks are carried on the sled, it’s not possible to carry two week’s worth of food for 16 huskies. Mushers must prepare the food a couple of weeks ahead of time, in pre-measured bags, and send it out to the eighteen checkpoints set up along the Iditarod trail.

The wiry little canine athletes can work up enormous appetites while averaging more than a hundred miles a day in front of a sled, in subzero temperatures, but tasty nutrition will be waiting for them at each rest stop.

Thus the Iditarod dog consumes NO CORN KIBBLE OR CORN GLUTEN, as it is a clearly inferior energy source.
Still can't think for yourself it seems. 8)

Quailcommando

Post by Quailcommando » Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:15 pm

pointstar wrote:http://www.alaskadispatch.com/article/2 ... mon-course

What powers Iditarod dogs over 1,000 unforgiving miles? Wild Alaska salmon, of course. It's natural, wholesome, and contains absolutely no corn gluten.

Before you argue this, please list the number of times your corn fed dog has run 1000 miles while pulling a load the entire way.
Why don't you take your dog out and compete against all the these corn feed GUNDOGS (not sled dogs) and out perform them then people might listen. Why don't you ask how many of the top gundogs in the country are corn Fed if your dog can out perform any of them you have my attention.

Vonzeppelinkennels
GDF Junkie

Post by Vonzeppelinkennels » Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:21 pm

Exactly John their full of poody poo as the turtle man would say!! :lol:

Neither one of them even knows what a BROKE dog is. :wink:
Last edited by Vonzeppelinkennels on Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Labs4Me

Post by Labs4Me » Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:22 pm

Please prove that dogs in the Iditarod are not fed kibble which contains corn or corn gluten meal. Go on now. You are so very certain of your "facts" so I am sure you will have no trouble proving them.

I'll grab the popcorn while I wait.........

pointstar

Post by pointstar » Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:47 pm

Quailcommando wrote:

Why don't you take your dog out and compete against all the these corn feed GUNDOGS (not sled dogs) and out perform them then people might listen. Why don't you ask how many of the top gundogs in the country are corn Fed if your dog can out perform any of them you have my attention.
Corn s cheap, that is why the hunters feed it. Now if either the hunter or the dog were worth a hoot, they would have not failed to hunt some meat.

Nuff said

CIAO

Angus

Post by Angus » Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:53 pm

pointstar wrote:
Quailcommando wrote:

Corn s cheap, that is why the hunters feed it. Now if either the hunter or the dog were worth a hoot, they would have not failed to hunt some meat.

Nuff said

CIAO

Ahahhahaaaa.. Corn is pretty expensive these days. Have you checked commodity prices in your portfolio?

pointstar

Post by pointstar » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:08 pm

I don't know where you get your info from, but corn prices are down at the moment and are currently at $166.25 per METRIC TON, http://www.indexmundi.com/commodities/?commodity=corn see monthly graph.

CIAO

Mountaineer
GDF Junkie

Post by Mountaineer » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:12 pm

Are there any sled dog races in Singapore?
Odd question, I know...just curious.

Angus

Post by Angus » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:13 pm

Mountaineer wrote:Are there any sled dog races in Singapore?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Quailcommando

Post by Quailcommando » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:17 pm

Take your dog out and prove your point should be real easy out performing all those corn Fed dogs.Most everyone your arguing with have proven dogs do you? Show us your more then just a internet know it all.

pointstar

Post by pointstar » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:18 pm

Mountaineer wrote:Are there any sled dog races in Singapore?
Google it, I won't........................

CIAO

pointstar

Post by pointstar » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:26 pm

Quailcommando wrote:Take your dog out and prove your point should be real easy out performing all those corn Fed dogs.Most everyone your arguing with have proven dogs do you? Show us your more then just a internet know it all.
There ya go---->
http://www.flickr.com/photos/105281199@ ... 820434703/

I've owned 7 dogs, never more than three at a time though, and 4 month old GSP's really don't pull sleds....

CIAO

Labs4Me

Post by Labs4Me » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:32 pm

Quailcommando wrote:Take your dog out and prove your point should be real easy out performing all those corn Fed dogs.Most everyone your arguing with have proven dogs do you? Show us your more then just a internet know it all.

It's never going to happen. His little bench bred bitch is pretty, though, romping through the woods with a stick in her mouth :)

He also claims mushers in the Iditarod don't feed kibble with corn in it and when asked to prove it has conveniently ignored the request. Probably frantically googled the subject and found Red Paw and Inukshuk were popular feeds and realized how wrong he was. Again.

pointstar

Post by pointstar » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:37 pm

Labs4Me wrote:

It's never going to happen. His little bench bred bitch is pretty, though, romping through the woods with a stick in her mouth :)

He also claims mushers in the Iditarod don't feed kibble with corn in it and when asked to prove it has conveniently ignored the request. Probably frantically googled the subject and found Red Paw and Inukshuk were popular feeds and realized how wrong he was. Again.
True she is rather pretty, you may post a photo of your dog if you have one. As for what I posted about the Iditarod, it was this,

Please be accurate

CIAO

Angus

Post by Angus » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:48 pm

pointstar wrote:
Labs4Me wrote:

True she is rather pretty, you may post a photo of your dog if you have one. As for what I posted about the Iditarod, it was this,

Please be accurate

CIAO

Neither corn or corn gluten are used as an energy source in kibble. Next....

Vonzeppelinkennels
GDF Junkie

Post by Vonzeppelinkennels » Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:01 pm

John you might as well give up they have no inkling as to what you are talking about because their dogs run around in the woods chasing deer & birds well to them that's proven!! :roll:

walkos5

Post by walkos5 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:02 pm

Quailcommando wrote:

How do you know what those top gundogs eat, do you live with them. I could tell everyone who asks what my dog eats that I feed purina xxx brand and that's why he's so healthy looking. But I don't, Maybe they also get paid to say so but unless you are there every day to see what those dogs eat you really don't know, now do you?

Vonzeppelinkennels
GDF Junkie

Post by Vonzeppelinkennels » Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:05 pm

Walkos he owns a few so I guess he knows what they eat plus our dogs are on the F Trial circuit & we know what our handler feeds as do most of the pro trainers & handlers.

walkos5

Post by walkos5 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:10 pm

Labs4Me wrote:

I think many sled dogs eat kibble with corn in it, but mostly when they are laying around in the summer and not training and then very little during intense training or during the race. To think you could compete at such a level on any kind of kibble only, is plain foolish. Almost as foolish as bragging about feeding bones a week ago and then saying they are no good for dogs this week.

Cajun Casey
GDF Junkie

Post by Cajun Casey » Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:24 pm

Wait, I got it! This is a chronic hysteresis in honor of the 50th anniversary of Dr. Who, right? Do I get a prize?
Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Angus

Post by Angus » Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:26 pm

Labs4Me

Post by Labs4Me » Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:37 pm

walkos5 wrote:
Labs4Me wrote:

I think many sled dogs eat kibble with corn in it, but mostly when they are laying around in the summer and not training and then very little during intense training or during the race. To think you could compete at such a level on any kind of kibble only, is plain foolish. Almost as foolish as bragging about feeding bones a week ago and then saying they are no good for dogs this week.
You think? Really?

Anyway, most sled dogs are fed kibble year round and supplemented during races.

As to the rest, since I never said those things, you're going to have to argue with yourself.
I'll help you out (hopefully you can manage to work these links :roll: )

http://inukshukpro.com/inukshuk-recipes ... -pro-3232/

https://redpawdogfood.com/products/poweredge/38k

walkos5

Post by walkos5 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:08 pm

Labs4Me wrote:You think? Really?Anyway, most sled dogs are fed kibble year round and supplemented during races. As to the rest, since I never said those things, you're going to have to argue with yourself.
I think you need to take a trip up to Alaska and see what those dogs are really eating, and stop reading so many dog food commercials. Maybe they are eating eggo waffles too.

Labs4Me

Post by Labs4Me » Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:13 pm

walkos5 wrote:
Labs4Me wrote:You think? Really?Anyway, most sled dogs are fed kibble year round and supplemented during races. As to the rest, since I never said those things, you're going to have to argue with yourself.
I think you need to take a trip up to Alaska and see what those dogs are really eating, and stop reading so many dog food commercials. Maybe they are eating eggo waffles too.

Been there, done that. Kibble is the back bone of the diet. Have a friend who is a musher in MI too. She feeds Red Paw and uses oils/fats to boost during races.

I think you've been reading too much Jack London, Wabbos 8)

walkos5

Post by walkos5 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:15 pm

Vonzeppelinkennels wrote:Walkos he owns a few so I guess he knows what they eat plus our dogs are on the F Trial circuit & we know what our handler feeds as do most of the pro trainers & handlers.
And how many dogs win competitions each year? Can you tell me that they all eat kibble?

Labs4Me

Post by Labs4Me » Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:20 pm

Oh my god it's CORN!!!

Seriously, a pretty good read here.

http://terriermandotcom.blogspot.com/20 ... d-dog.html

Vonzeppelinkennels
GDF Junkie

Post by Vonzeppelinkennels » Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:27 pm

I can tell you all the dogs on my handlers string eat kibble & he was the top GSP handler in the country last yr & will be near or at the top this yr & every pro trainer/handler I know of feeds some kind of kibble if not all.
There might be one or 2 but I seriously doubt it,if any one here knows of any dogs on the trial circuit that feeds anything but kibble please let us know.But again I will say probably 99% or more are fed kibble!
I know there are a few pros on this site but doubt they have time for this BS as they are busy training dogs not arguing over BS.

Look up some of the pros or trial dog owners they usually advertise the brand they feed but I'm not doing it for you.

walkos5

Post by walkos5 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:31 pm

Labs4Me wrote:
walkos5 wrote:

Been there, done that. Kibble is the back bone of the diet. Have a friend who is a musher in MI too. She feeds Red Paw and uses oils/fats to boost during races.

I think you've been reading too much Jack London, Wabbos 8)
Well then perhaps someone should contact the nearly 100,000 Inuit's living in Alaska and Canada and tell them to stop the salmon fishing and go to walmart for their dogs food.

Vonzeppelinkennels
GDF Junkie

Post by Vonzeppelinkennels » Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:40 pm

I can also tell you there are a lot of Trial,hunt test & people that compete at different venues on this site & most if not all feed kibble & I think by now you could see that by the response of members here that are getting fed up with all this BS.
Just check this page out the only threads here that are locked are all about this same subject members are complaining about it & eventually it will stop! :wink:

walkos5

Post by walkos5 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:54 pm

Labs4Me wrote:Oh my god it's CORN!!!

Seems in another post I read Mackey also feeds plenty of red meat, fish, and beaver for added protein. And I would be willing to bet the farm the ratio largely favors the meat and fish. Oh my God not much corn!!! Remember to watch out for those commercials...

Vonzeppelinkennels
GDF Junkie

Post by Vonzeppelinkennels » Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:58 pm

I told you when ever you show them proof they dismiss it but yet they never come up with any proof for us to dimiss!! Go figure TRUE BSers :lol:

Labs4Me

Post by Labs4Me » Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:01 pm

Vonzeppelinkennels wrote:I can also tell you there are a lot of Trial,hunt test & people that compete at different venues on this site & most if not all feed kibble & I think by now you could see that by the response of members here that are getting fed up with all this BS.
Just check this page out the only threads here that are locked are all about this same subject members are complaining about it & eventually it will stop! :wink:

And not just that. Most feed kibbles that the gimmicky dog food sites, and their followers, bash because they really don't know as much about dog food/feeding as they like to think they do.

As just one example, the formulas for working and sport dogs typically fed by most who work their dogs actually contain more meat/animal protein than the grain free foods touted as being oh so superior.

Another example can be found in the link I shared before about corn not only not being a danger but actually beneficial for working dogs.

Experienced people feed what, in their experience, works. All the folderol of the anti-grain and anti-commercial kibble faction isn't going to change that. Feed what works. The fact that what works for the majority of people whose dogs do more than go for the occasional walk is usually a moderately priced, grain inclusive, mid range protein and fat, commercial kibble should be a "lightbulb moment" for people who truly want to learn and do better for their dogs.

Sadly it appears there are those who are unteachable.

Chukar12
GDF Junkie

Post by Chukar12 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:02 pm

I just fed two of the Brittany's competing in the ABC National Championships Pro Plan and witnessed most of the others being fed the same.

Vonzeppelinkennels
GDF Junkie

Post by Vonzeppelinkennels » Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:05 pm

Yep & so do an awful lot of the pros I know feed PPP. :D

Vonzeppelinkennels
GDF Junkie

Post by Vonzeppelinkennels » Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:05 pm

Yep & so do an awful lot of the pros I know feed PPP. :D

Fun dog

Post by Fun dog » Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:08 pm

This thread is really pretty funny. Who would have thought corn could cause such a ruckus? Well guess what, I am a world champion sleddog racer. My dogs race over 20 mph for up to 20 miles. For the last ten years we have Kibble with just a bit of Annamaet Impact (A meat substitute). We've fed kibble with & without corn, though corn wasn't the reason for the choice. The dogs actually performed best on a Dog food called Caribou Creek Gold. And it has the "dreaded corn" in it. Lance Mackey won the Iditarod 4 times in a row feeding Red Paw which has corn. The Seavey's have one 3 times. The last two times they fed Dr. Tims with no corn. Musher's usually supplement with beef, chicken, horse, fish, beaver, and any sort of other meats they can get their hands on. Seriously I doubt the lack of corn in the diet is going to turn your dog into a winner. Lot's of training, a good diet, excellent breeding program and a touch of luck are more likely to do that.

Fun dog

Post by Fun dog » Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:09 pm

This thread is really pretty funny. Who would have thought corn could cause such a ruckus? Well guess what, I am a world champion sleddog racer. My dogs race over 20 mph for up to 20 miles. For the last ten years we have fed Kibble with just a bit of Annamaet Impact (A meat substitute). We've fed kibble with & without corn, though corn wasn't the reason for the choice. The dogs actually performed best on a Dog food called Caribou Creek Gold. And it has the "dreaded corn" in it. Lance Mackey won the Iditarod 4 times in a row feeding Red Paw which has corn. The Seavey's have won 3 times. The last two times they fed Dr. Tims with no corn. Musher's usually supplement with beef, chicken, horse, fish, beaver, and any sort of other meats they can get their hands on. Seriously I doubt the lack of corn in the diet is going to turn your dog into a winner. Lot's of training, a good diet, excellent breeding program and a touch of luck are more likely to do that

Chukar12
GDF Junkie

Post by Chukar12 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:11 pm

....and by the way, I will cover whatever bet you care to make that the winner of every breed national next year is fed kibble...I will take it further and take Purina and Loyall and you can have the field. At years end I am money way ahead.

I have another thought, nay...a proclamation. If you were to keep a constant supply of kibble available to coyotes and wolves in the wilds the rodents and game would cease to being their primary food source. The point of this of course is that one should be infinitely careful about applying science to the variables in nature, she will make a fool of you more often than not, and several of you need little or no help.

Labs4Me

Post by Labs4Me » Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:13 pm

Yeah but are their Britts "50 lbs of rock hard muscle" ? :lol:

I just slipped my 2 some leftover corn muffins from dinner. They ate them with gusto. Obviously they are unaware I am trying to kill them with CORN!

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:50 pm

Labs4Me wrote:Oh my god it's CORN!!!

Good reading but has little info that every experienced dog owner does not know. When you look at any thread like we have going here it becomes very evident of what it takes to be a corn lover and it is nothing more than experience. We have so many new owners come on looking for information and over the years there are probably well over 5 thousand that have asked for help, received it, and went on to become a successful owner of a hunting or working dog that did well in every type of doggy game we play as well as many of them being good working dogs that we use on the farms and ranches everyday. But there is always a few that come with maybe a dog in tow or thinking about getting one that had had their mind closed or full of garbage they have picked up some where. The ones that are able to read and think for themselves usually will come around to what most experienced people teach them but there are always a few, normally who already have a dog, that are convinced they know it all and instead of learning they spend their time telling the members who have been successful in all areas of dog performance over the past 40 to 50 years what they are doing wrong and why. And these are the ones you get mad at or many times feel sorry for. You just keep thinking you will find a way to help but you seldom do. I didn't understand what the real problem was till one day I discover the answer, They just aren't listening so no matter how sensible or how clear you state and prove your point they just aren't listening.

So it appears we have a different problem than what we had originally thought. All of the effort being made to teach them is being wasted as the problem is they can't hear you. Unless someone can come up with a way to make people listen we are wasting our time as well as space on our server and in all of our PC'c. If anyone can solve this please post it as otherwise this whole thread will be soon be locked or taken down as well as the few others that are experiencing the same problem and of course the same people. We only need the same info stated once and we are now up around the 5 to 10 area on many of the points that are being used.

Give us some help or advice that you think might help

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

Labs4Me

Post by Labs4Me » Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:14 pm

Good reading but has little info that every experienced dog owner does not know.
I don't know about that. I've owned dogs for 20+ years but never a dog like my current girl. (always had herding breeds before) Keeping weight on her has been difficult. My usual sources for information on feeding (obedience and breed folks) weren't used to a lab who not only didn't gain but struggled to maintain. So even with experience, well, the area of experience has an impact as well.

And not everyone has connections with a good breeder. I used to take that for granted. "What did your breeder say?" Used to be my best response. For many reasons that is no longer a given.

Some cannot be taught. They don't want to learn, just preach at people. Preconceived notions can be difficult to erase even when a person is willing.

But, again, not all experience is equal, equally on point, or equally valid.

I have had to overcome a load of training intransigence in myself to get my retriever doing what she was bred for. And we're late to the game since she's 3. I have a lot of experience in training. But she's my first hunting breed. Many of my techniques were.....less than optimal for hunt test training. But I am learning because I am open to learning - and know that my previous experience isn't sufficient for this new venture!

MonsterDad

Post by MonsterDad » Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:45 am

pointstar wrote:

Pointstar, you are an idiot. If you look at the top teams from year to year you will see that kibble is a very large part of calories consumed for this race. Dr. Tim's, Eagle Pack and Red Paw seem to be the foods of choice for the top teams. The latter two both have some form of corn. Dr. Tim's Momentum was used by the winner of the race the past two years, plus probably another 5 teams in the top ten both years.