Eagle Pack Going to 30lb bags.

Angus

Eagle Pack Going to 30lb bags.

Post by Angus » Sat May 10, 2014 2:16 pm

My supplier is out of Adult Power and not sure when he can get some in. Seems Eagle Pack is changing over to 30lb bags from the 40lb bags. He's tried ordering 4 times now and still no idea when he's gonna get it in. So this sucks. I've really liked Eagle Pack. Dogs have done great on it and priced right. I don't normally run out of feed, but work has had me tied up for the last few weeks and I haven't gotten a chance to get in to get a few bags. So with no food in the house, and nothing real great in the area, I found a bag of Eukanuba about 30 mins away and picked it up for the mean time.

No suppliers of Dr. Tims or Victor anywhere close. I may just start ordering online and not worry about having to run to get the food. Does Victor sell direct from their website? If not where do you order from? It seems priced right and looks to be as good as Eagle Pack.

shets114

Re: Eagle Pack Going to 30lb bags.

Post by shets114 » Sat May 10, 2014 2:54 pm

Where are you located?

Angus

Post by Angus » Sat May 10, 2014 3:38 pm

Gettysburg, PA

Brazosvalleyvizslas

Post by Brazosvalleyvizslas » Sat May 10, 2014 5:33 pm

Why not just order Eagle Pack online? Chewy has it and its 20%off right now.
I didn't check to see if they have your formula though.

I order Dr. Tims Momentum and it ships to my door free. I have also had good luck ordering Diamond Extreme Athlete and had it delivered from PetFlow.

Angus

Post by Angus » Sat May 10, 2014 6:21 pm

Brazosvalleyvizslas wrote:Why not just order Eagle Pack online? Chewy has it and its 20%off right now.
I didn't check to see if they have your formula though.

I order Dr. Tims Momentum and it ships to my door free. I have also had good luck ordering Diamond Extreme Athlete and had it delivered from PetFlow.
I like to keep my money local. That's why I do not shop at walmart, or Lowes, or order much from online. I would rather pay a couple dollars more to a local family business.

Chewy price is nice, but it will be gone soon to as the bags are replaced with the lighter bags. Hence the main reason for this thread.

Brazosvalleyvizslas

Post by Brazosvalleyvizslas » Sat May 10, 2014 7:29 pm

Maybe your local store would be willing to buy a pallet of Dr. Tims with the hope that they can move a premium product, make some money and you get it cheap....The quote I got for a pallet to be shipped was quite attractive. PA should be better because of less shipping.

Del Lolo

Post by Del Lolo » Sat May 10, 2014 7:58 pm

The nearest Victor dealer to you is :
Farm and Home Service Sykesville
35 miles
7625 Main St.
Sykesville MD 21784
Phone: 410-795-1234

I switched from Eagle Pack Power (30/20) to the Victor 26/18 a litle over a month and a half ago. I'm very impressed with it. To me, price is not the object, but a 40 lb bag was $33 (some areas of the country it's $38)
I think in the Winter, I'll go to the 24/20 and in the Summer the 26/18.
The 26/18 seems every bit as good (actually better) than the EP 30/20 -- I'm guessing that is so because it is more bioavailable.

shets114

Post by shets114 » Sun May 11, 2014 5:32 am

Im not sure who the distributor is for Gettysburg. You could call another store and ask them where they get it and call the distributor to get a local store.

Angus

Post by Angus » Sun May 11, 2014 4:10 pm

Agway is where I have been getting it. Pet Valu is also a supposed retailer, yet they can only get two kinds of Eagle Pack in along with their hippie fru fru food.

I'll try to contact the distributor for Eagle Pack. Not real sure I want to stay with them though with 30lb bags.

We are moving in July, just up the road. At that point I may look at Dr. Tims and Victor to see if we could become a retailer for them in this area.

While I know how to use the store locators, I do appreciate the effort by fellow gundog people. It is still a minimum 1hr drive one way with normal traffic (on a very good day) to the Victor retailer. I just can't do that.

Angus

Post by Angus » Tue May 13, 2014 6:56 am

They are also changing the formulas. The big thing I see is they dropped corn and added Rice.

http://www.eaglepack.com/coming_soon.aspx#.U3IVNCiXfct

Del Lolo

Post by Del Lolo » Tue May 13, 2014 7:59 am

Angus wrote:They are also changing the formulas. The big thing I see is they dropped corn and added Rice.

http://www.eaglepack.com/coming_soon.aspx#.U3IVNCiXfct
I think they are looking more at the bottom line than anything else.
30 lb bags ----- and the price of corn compared to the price of brown rice.

shets114

Post by shets114 » Sat May 17, 2014 4:31 am

Angus wrote:Agway is where I have been getting it. Pet Valu is also a supposed retailer, yet they can only get two kinds of Eagle Pack in along with their hippie fru fru food.

I'll try to contact the distributor for Eagle Pack. Not real sure I want to stay with them though with 30lb bags.

We are moving in July, just up the road. At that point I may look at Dr. Tims and Victor to see if we could become a retailer for them in this area.

While I know how to use the store locators, I do appreciate the effort by fellow gundog people. It is still a minimum 1hr drive one way with normal traffic (on a very good day) to the Victor retailer. I just can't do that.
When you want to try a new food or are looking for a product, most retailers today use multiple distributors. The chances are they carry the product you're looking for. A lot of retailers are hesitant to bring in new products if no one is asking for it. If you ask them to find it or call the companies and ask them to put you in contact with their local reps, they can get you a store closer to you. I would also offer payment for the product before ordering that way the retailer isn't out for ordering it for you, as many do then never show back up.

MonsterDad

Post by MonsterDad » Sun May 18, 2014 5:09 am

shets114 wrote:
Angus wrote:Agway is where I have been getting it. Pet Valu is also a supposed retailer, yet they can only get two kinds of Eagle Pack in along with their hippie fru fru food.

When you want to try a new food or are looking for a product, most retailers today use multiple distributors. The chances are they carry the product you're looking for. A lot of retailers are hesitant to bring in new products if no one is asking for it. If you ask them to find it or call the companies and ask them to put you in contact with their local reps, they can get you a store closer to you. I would also offer payment for the product before ordering that way the retailer isn't out for ordering it for you, as many do then never show back up.
This is why independent retailers are going out of business left and right. The logic that they won't carry items until someone asks for it is so flawed. Independent stores should be looking for new and interesting products rather than simply responding. On-line companies are quick to offer new things and it just leaves the independent store in the dust.

shets114

Post by shets114 » Tue May 20, 2014 8:05 pm

MonsterDad wrote:
shets114 wrote:

This is why independent retailers are going out of business left and right. The logic that they won't carry items until someone asks for it is so flawed. Independent stores should be looking for new and interesting products rather than simply responding. On-line companies are quick to offer new things and it just leaves the independent store in the dust.
Couldn't agree more.