Native dog food puppy question

Bgreen

Native dog food puppy question

Post by Bgreen » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:32 pm

I currently have a 10-year old setter and feed it Native III (a 30:20 food). I'm getting a new 8-week old pointer pup and was intending to feed it Native Puppy (also a 30:20) food. However, I noticed on Native's website that both of these foods say that they are formulated to meet the needs of puppies. The ingredient list, calories, and nutritional measurements are the same for these two feeds. The best I can tell, the only potential difference is the size of the kibble.

Is it important to feed puppies, "puppy" food? It sure would simplify my dog food buying if I only needed to buy one type of food.

Garrison

Re: Native dog food puppy question

Post by Garrison » Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:44 am

No, most here won't pay extra for the bag that says puppy. You are feeding a good food don't let him get fat and don't let him get skinny and he will be happy and healthy.
“Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.”
- Mark Twain-

big steve46

Post by big steve46 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:17 pm

For any pups I ever had, I never bought a puppy feed. As long as they can chew the kibble, use an all age quality feed.
big steve

Carolina Gundogs

Post by Carolina Gundogs » Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:40 pm

I have a good friend who was working with Native at one time. He said the stage 3 and puppy formula were the same at that time. However, the puppy food may have been smaller pieces.

Bgreen

Post by Bgreen » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:13 am

Thanks, All. I ended up contacting Native customer service and they confirmed that the only difference in the Native III and the Native Puppy food is the kibble size. I'm going to go with the Native III - life is much simpler only buying one type of dog food.