Cut Toe?

crazyboy

Cut Toe?

Post by crazyboy » Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:31 pm

I have attached a pic of on of my EP's rear paws. On the outside foot you can see what appears as though it is a blood blister, that black dot you see is scabbing I believe. It has been there for a bit, problem being when we run the field it opens up and creates a mess. Anyone ever seen something like this? Time for a trip to the vet?(probably going to since it hasn't really gone away just heals up so it isn't bleeding) We are heading up to Maine the end of the month for grouse, perhaps I should invest in some dog boots to try and keep it from opening up again?

crazyboy

Post by crazyboy » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:23 pm

Guess nobody has something similar?

Pepper

Re: Cut Toe?

Post by Pepper » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:35 pm

A trip to the vet won't hurt. The black circle might mean a puncture with a foreign object or not. JMO of course. :)

Edit to post: I would use booties when dog is around sharp object like rocks or shale or.....

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:37 pm

Been away on holidays ... looks like a puncture wound to me which may mean something is still in there which is why it isn't healing - you said it had been a while. I'd be seeing the vet.
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

ultracarry
GDF Junkie

Post by ultracarry » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:36 pm

I have had a cut and swelling on the toe of my dog. It healed over and would swell up every few weeks and since nothing came up on X-ray the vet said it would be 500 to cut it open and check for something inside.

I bought a scalpel and cut it open, Squeezed and puss and a stick or weed popped out. Brought her in for antibiotics (I didn't want to give her fish antibiotics) and dr said looked great. But it healed as an open wound within a week.