Can't hold her water

TraditionsGSPs2010

Can't hold her water

Post by TraditionsGSPs2010 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:32 am

Looking for thoughts...

I have a 10 year old GSP bitch who can't seem to hold her water. A couple of days ago she just started spitting up. Not throwing up grass or other crap she may have gotten into, just water. It has been happening in the middle of the night and you can tell she is trying not to but eventually gives it up. Durning the day she will spit up what she has drank within an hour or so. The only chronic condition she suffers from is muscle loss due to a long bout with Coon Hound Paralysis and is in good shape other that. She eats food and is able to keep that down and still has bowl movements and pees. No fever or abdominal swelling. Still plenty active. I have not had her to the vet for an abdominal x-ray which is the only "next step" that comes to mind.

Just sort of baffled by this. Any suggestions are appreciated.
David Hughes
Traditions Shorthairs

The Will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.

TraditionsGSPs2010

Re: Can't hold her water

Post by TraditionsGSPs2010 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:03 pm

anyone?
David Hughes
Traditions Shorthairs

The Will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.

dog dr

Post by dog dr » Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:06 am

Gastric reflux?? how often does she eat? if just once or twice a day you might try giving her a small treat just before bed so she has something on her stomach throughout the night, or you could give her a tagament twice a day to cut some acid. give me a call, be glad to talk with you about it. Matt

TraditionsGSPs2010

Post by TraditionsGSPs2010 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:27 pm

Thanks Matt!
David Hughes
Traditions Shorthairs

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:31 pm

Several possibilities :I wouldn't be holding off on the vet.

http://www.vetinfo.com/dog-throwing-up-water.html
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett