Juicing Pulp

Beretta14

Juicing Pulp

Post by Beretta14 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:58 am

Anyone feed their dogs pulp leftover from juicing or make treats with it? Can you share any good recipes or how your dog handled it?

MonsterDad

Re: Juicing Pulp

Post by MonsterDad » Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:24 pm

I did years ago, apples, carrots, celery, beets, parsley, they love it, no sense throwing it away

avoid grapes though

Fun dog

Post by Fun dog » Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:47 pm

Our dogs get it every day. We just dump it in their bucket. It's not uncommon to find their poop is orange from the carrots.

MGIII

Juicing Pulp

Post by MGIII » Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:47 pm

This is a great question and never thought about giving dogs the pulp. At what age can you start giving it to them? Anything else you should avoid? My wife puts spinach and ginger in hers. Would ginger be bad for them?

Edit: nevermind, just read it's good for them in small quantities.

Fun dog

Post by Fun dog » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:13 pm

The dogs are not overly fond of ginger, but have never seen any ill effects from it.

MonsterDad

Post by MonsterDad » Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:32 pm

Fun dog wrote:The dogs are not overly fond of ginger, but have never seen any ill effects from it.
Mine likes ginger candy but I imagine it burns a bit cause he drools. It is perfectly safe but it has a bite, especially fresh ginger.

It has been proven to work for car sickness.

sdsujacks

Post by sdsujacks » Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:51 pm

My fiance is getting a juicer for Christmas, and I'm not overly familiar with them. But, from what I've read on here and in other articles it appears like the pulp is okay for dogs to eat? Any fruits/veggies that need to be avoided? Do you give it to them separately as a treat? Or add it into their dry food? Or somehow make a new dog treat out of the pulp? I'm not the greatest in the kitchen and I'm pretty strict about what my lab eats, so this is pretty foreign to me :? . But I hate seeing stuff go to waste, so if it's a nice supplement to dog food I'd be very open to trying it!

MonsterDad

Post by MonsterDad » Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:29 pm

sdsujacks wrote:My fiance is getting a juicer for Christmas, and I'm not overly familiar with them. But, from what I've read on here and in other articles it appears like the pulp is okay for dogs to eat? Any fruits/veggies that need to be avoided? Do you give it to them separately as a treat? Or add it into their dry food? Or somehow make a new dog treat out of the pulp? I'm not the greatest in the kitchen and I'm pretty strict about what my lab eats, so this is pretty foreign to me :? . But I hate seeing stuff go to waste, so if it's a nice supplement to dog food I'd be very open to trying it!
Just avoid grapes.