Heavy Cover Abrasion

Tooling

Heavy Cover Abrasion

Post by Tooling » Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:05 am

Been hunting the dog hard this week.

Working cattails, sloughs,etc..he has no hesitation to go into dense cover & in fact does it enthusiastically etc. which is great and all but..

He's a little bloodied here and there at the end of the day, nothing serious - par for the course sort of thing.

That said - & I'm not trying to be crude here - his poor sac is just raw and bloodied up a bit.

A vest offers protection to chest etc and even if it covered the area (which it doesn't) he would be peeing all over himself so that's not a solution.

Ointment at the end of the day while keeping him from licking it for a bit but is there anything else? Any other product to heal/moisturize effectively & quickly?

Vonzeppelinkennels
GDF Junkie

Re: Heavy Cover Abrasion

Post by Vonzeppelinkennels » Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:18 am

No pun intended but try Bag Balm. :)

Tooling

Post by Tooling » Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:29 pm

lol - thanks Ted

That should do it and I hadn't even thought about that...I'm guessing Udder Butter would likely do well also.

BTW..pup is doing great in SD - had a really tough day today, plenty of hens...dog is handling birds well & he just has no quit in him.

Vonzeppelinkennels
GDF Junkie

Post by Vonzeppelinkennels » Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:41 pm

Glad to hear you are pleased with your dog,he will only get better with experience.I'm sure Udder Butter would do the trick but Bag Balm just seems to go better with them. :lol:

Have a GREAT season!! :wink: