Hurt paw/leg?

Vikingoo168

Hurt paw/leg?

Post by Vikingoo168 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:23 pm

I know it is ridiculous to assume that the exact problem will be diagnosed on a forum board, but I thought I would see if anyone has had anything similar happen to their dog before I drop money at the vet.

I have one year old GSP and about a week ago we were at a dog park and he's was playing with a large German shepherd. After leaving the dog park I noticed the he was limping a bit not wanting to put pressure on his front right leg. I checked the entire paw and leg for any cuts and did not find any. I applied pressure to every bone in his paw/leg and rubbed every muscle and not a wince or yelp out of him?? It seems to affect him really bad after he has been resting/sleeping. Of course he doesn't give a crap that he is hurt and wants to run and play with my other dog and I have been trying to get him to settle down. I also have not been taking him on any walks or letting him run free in the fields to try to get it to heal, but I have no idea what could be causing his discomfort. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Re: Hurt paw/leg?

Post by Sharon » Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:19 pm

bruised shoulder/strained ......?? I used to just check everything like you did, but it took an incident for me to realize that just like humans , a sore hip can also equal walking tenderly.
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett