eye irritation

jjklee71

eye irritation

Post by jjklee71 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:19 pm

My pups eye is clearly bothering him. Their is a slightly noticeable difference between one and the other. I don't think it is anything major, but my wife would like some reassurance especially since it's new years tomorrow and nothing is open. Should we give it a day or two or bring him to the vet?

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Re: eye irritation

Post by Sharon » Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:58 pm

Clean out his eye . This happens off and on in a dog's life.

http://www.gundogmag.com/health-nutriti ... dogs-eyes/
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

smittty

Post by smittty » Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:48 pm

i had a pup on his first hunt once dog came home from the hunt fine the next day he was totally blind I count find his pupils.... Took him right to the vet vet told me the dog was fine and that he would get his sight back in a few days said that there was something in the field that did not agree with his eyes said it could be anything most likely a plant... So I sweated it out and few days went bye poor dog could not do nothing 100% blind and it was a new vet so I was second guessing him and was just about to call another vet when got his eyes back and was seeing fine ..I have been going to that same vet now for around ten years

DudeRN

Post by DudeRN » Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:43 pm

I think sometimes a dog will get eye irritation from getting whipped by branches while they're running through the underbrush. my grandfather had a beagle that had protruding eyes, and he would be walking around blind for a few days after every hunt. they finally had to retire him from hunting.