Broken Lower K9

MSU Aggie

Broken Lower K9

Post by MSU Aggie » Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:35 pm

Not sure how it happened, but my 11mo GSP broke her lower left K9. Can't see any fractures running down the tooth. Going to the vet tomorrow for a look and options. What is everyone's experience with this, first time I've had it happen? If there are fractures and it has to be removed, how will it effect her retrieving?

Brazosvalleyvizslas

Re: Broken Lower K9

Post by Brazosvalleyvizslas » Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:24 pm

MSU Aggie wrote:Not sure how it happened, but my 11mo GSP broke her lower left K9. Can't see any fractures running down the tooth. Going to the vet tomorrow for a look and options. What is everyone's experience with this, first time I've had it happen? If there are fractures and it has to be removed, how will it effect her retrieving?

My GSP has broken 3 of its K9's and it has not affected anything.

marysburg

Re: Broken Lower K9

Post by marysburg » Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:51 pm

My old Border Collie worked for a living and had both her bottom canines broken off. Hoof to the mouth, I expect. They never abcessed and didn't ever bother her in any way. If you are wanting a real doctor's opinion, I would see a canine dentist and find out what he thinks you should do. Broken teeth are unpredictable, as some do abcess and cause pain.