Kinetic Dog Food

MGIII

Kinetic Dog Food

Post by MGIII » Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:51 pm

Have any of you tried Kinetic dog food? If so what are your thoughts?
I'm not looking for the typical dog food debate. I'm just asking if you have tried it and if your dogs are doing well on it.
Thanks.

AZ Brittany Guy

Re: Kinetic Dog Food

Post by AZ Brittany Guy » Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:33 am

For things like this the marketing people call me a "late adopter". I will not put anything in my dogs that has not demonstrated years of success. Is this product based on good science or cleaver marketing with a catchey name?

MGIII

Kinetic Dog Food

Post by MGIII » Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:46 am

That's what I'm trying to find out Guy. I guess only time will tell. One this is for sure, it is expensive.

AZ Brittany Guy

Post by AZ Brittany Guy » Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:54 am

MGIII wrote:That's what I'm trying to find out Guy. I guess only time will tell. One this is for sure, it is expensive.
We both agree...expensive does not necessarily translate to good...

cjhills
GDF Junkie

Post by cjhills » Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:16 am

The same marketing people were telling us Native was the greatest dog food of all times a couple years ago. Keep in mind they are masters at promoting themselves. Might be good. Definitely not worth the extra money..................Cj

MonsterDad

Post by MonsterDad » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:30 am

If you are going to spend more than the norm, Dr. Tim's is the only way to go.

MGIII

Kinetic Dog Food

Post by MGIII » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:21 pm

There is no way I'm spending that much money on dog food. Pro plan is good for me. I was just curious about this product because I've been seeing it advertised more and more

AZ Brittany Guy

Post by AZ Brittany Guy » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:43 pm

MGIII wrote:There is no way I'm spending that much money on dog food. Pro plan is good for me. I was just curious about this product because I've been seeing it advertised more and more
What is the pound price on the kinetic feed?

AlPastor

Post by AlPastor » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:04 pm

I'm guessing that you mean kenisis?

I'm running momentum and getting ready to start buying it by the pallet.

Online per 44 lb bag and delivery to your door, kenisis and momentum are $1.45 and $1.75 per pound respectively. I believe that pro plan performance is around $1 per pound.

AZ Brittany Guy

Post by AZ Brittany Guy » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:42 am

Some of us keep more than several dogs and that price variance would need to show a dramatic return on performance.

Carolina Gundogs

Post by Carolina Gundogs » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:34 am

With all of the different dog food already available in the marketplace at this time, any new entries are only from a marketing perspective that are profit driven. There are good dogfoods readily available that are reasonably priced practically anywhere you shop.

The dog food industry has taken it to the level comparable to humans only eating at a quality that may not exist even for 1 out of 10,000 athletes.

Spy Car

Post by Spy Car » Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:00 am

AlPastor wrote:I'm guessing that you mean kenisis?
While the name is confusingly similar to the Dr Tim's formula called "Kenisis," the OP is talking about a separate brand called Kinetic that is aiming for the athletic gun dog/sporting dog segment of the market with a line of higher protein/fat formulas: (32/24), (30/20), (28/15 Puppy), and (26/16).

Unlike Pro Plan, the formulas do not get a boost in the protein percentages from using items such as corn gluten meal (or any other plant sources) as a protein concentrate. All the main protein appears to come from animal sources: chicken, fish, and eggs.

Like Dr Tim's there is no source of any red meat in the Kinetic formulas.

The cost of the 32/24 formula appear to be about $1.30 (plus shipping) or $1.50 (with shipping) from the least expensive online source found via a quick Google search.

http://kineticdogfood.com/active-26k-formula/

Bill
Last edited by Spy Car on Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:24 am, edited 2 times in total.

live4point

Post by live4point » Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:43 pm

Why no red meat, is that supposed to be a bad thing now?

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:17 pm

Every new feed has to find a nitch to fill and if they can't find one they try to make one. They have to create a market and that is hard to do in a mature market. It is very interesting reading to just read the marketing hype from each one. Most people have fed pretty much the same feed for years because the original manufactures pretty much worked together along with the Universities to determine what a dog needed nutritionally and then they developed their own formulas to provide those necessary nutrients and it worked. Over the years we have tweeked those requirements a little but by and large the dogs still need the same nutrition and those early manufactures are still making the feeds to supply those needs.

What does happen though is a processor or some similar company find they have a by-product that they need to find a use for and if they could incorporate their product into an animal feed it would aid their bottom line so they try to formulate it into some form of animal feed. And many times it is a pet food since the results of using it are no where as easily monitored or proven as they are in livestock feed. To make it work they have to develop a marketing plan and the easiest way to do that is to discredit something the other manufactures are using or even discredit some manufacturing procedure even though people have used those products for years with excellent results.

Occasionally some of those new by-products turn out to be a great new ingredient that will help supply a necessary nutrient or at least supply it cheaper that will aid in keeping the price of the feed more economical to use. Products such as soybean meal, chicken by-product meal, corn gluten meal, beet pulp, and many other lesser known products have become staples of the industry and all were just a by-product of a different industry but are so very important in our feed production for much of the domestic animal feed we use today. Plus continue research has found new and different products that we use such as bicarbonate of soda, bentonite, sweetener products as well as many milk and fermented products that all have made it easier and cheaper to improve on delivering the nutrients to our animals. But there are still those who think their best way is to downgrade or eliminate the proven formulas and processes that have been proven over the years. And it seems they often find a small group that will believe and follow for a while at least but often they don't last long.
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

AlPastor

Post by AlPastor » Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:35 pm

live4point wrote:Why no red meat, is that supposed to be a bad thing now?
I believe that he feeds raw so I doubt that he considers red meat a negative.

Spy Car

Post by Spy Car » Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:36 pm

AlPastor wrote:
live4point wrote:Why no red meat, is that supposed to be a bad thing now?
I believe that he feeds raw so I doubt that he considers red meat a negative.
Correct. Both Kinetic and Dr Tim's eschew the use of plant products like corn gluten meal as protein concentrates in favor of animal sources. That is a positive IMO. Both include fish (another good thing IMO) adding Omega 3s), but both use chicken as the main protein and include no red meat in the formula. This omission of red meats doesn't fit the way I like to feed.

Bill