Llewellen Setter (CYST)

33Scout

Llewellen Setter (CYST)

Post by 33Scout » Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:26 pm

In the last three days I have noticed that on the right side of my setter back by the last rib a cyst like bump has popped up. Not sure as to how alarmed I should be. He doesn't act like it bothers him I just know that it obviously isn't a good thing. Does anyone have any experience with an issue like this. I called my vet and made an appt for him and he cant be seen until maybe Saturday afternoon if not then for sure Monday at 1100. If I take him sooner I would have to pay the 150.00 emergency fee. If anyone has any experience with this please feel free to share the experience with me. Thanks in advance Jimmy..

shags
GDF Junkie

Re: Llewellen Setter (CYST)

Post by shags » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:34 am

It doesn't sound like an emergency to me, and if were my dog I'd wait for the regular appointment time. Think back to when you first noticed the lump, whether it has changed in size or appearance, and whatever activities the dog was doing just prior to its showing up. Your vet might find the info helpful.

Good luck, I hope it's nothing much.

33Scout

Llewellen Setter (CYST)

Post by 33Scout » Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:27 pm

Shags, I had a conversation last night with someone who has a whole lot more experience in hunting dogs than I do. It helped put my mind at ease. I called the vet today and said that I would continue to monitor him until my Monday appt.