white discharge

young

white discharge

Post by young » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:44 am

I have a 6.5 month old GSP, that I have had for only 5 weeks. I had her spayed about three weeks ago (they did say that they had a very hard time finding her ovaries, saying they weren't in the normal spot.) Four days after surgery she started having a white discharge after peeing. I talked to the vet they said if it's white no big deal. Well it kept up, i took a urine sample in and they said her white cell count was slightly elevated and game her Amoxicillin for 10 days. Well here I am a week after the Amoxicillin and she still has the discharge. She eats fine, hunts fine, no behavioral changes at all, took her to dog daycare for a day and no one acted like she was in heat. Was just curious if anyone else has seen this.

wems2371
GDF Junkie

Re: white discharge

Post by wems2371 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:31 pm

A white discharge could be from vaginitis. Since it sounds like you only had her 2 weeks prior to spaying her, hopefully it's not a puppy vaginitis issue from an innie vulva. If she has an innie vulva, usually a spay is recommended after the first heat, because the vulva will permanently enlarge to some degree and create less of a problem. Have you contacted her previous owners about any prior UTI's or vaginitis? UTI's can sometimes require more antibiotics as well. I'd take in another urine sample.

reba

Post by reba » Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:28 am

Amoxicillin for 10 days.

It's only been one week.

You must give it the full 10 days or it might fail even if it looks like she is getting better.

young

Post by young » Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:33 am

sorry I didn't word it correctly we did the full 10 days and we are a week afterwards. Talked to another vet and she said don't worry about it unless there are a lot of other symptoms. Thanks