TheIndian

Post by TheIndian » Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:55 am

Started researching the forum today to look for advice on healthy treats for a puppy...good ones to use for obedience training...but got sidetracked and started seeing mention of stools in various posts. Good stool, bad stool...

I am assuming a good canine stool should look similar to a good human stool, correct? Only smaller?

Please feel free to get specific. Thx.

AZ Brittany Guy

Re: #2

Post by AZ Brittany Guy » Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:27 pm

The Smith family beleaves that you should be able to kick a turd off your driveway without getting any on your boot. :wink:

reba

Post by reba » Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:05 am

We use the same kibble that is feed at the dogs meal time for treats and never worry about loose stool or poisoning from some strange treats made in China.

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:16 pm

TheIndian wrote:Started researching the forum today to look for advice on healthy treats for a puppy...good ones to use for obedience training...but got sidetracked and started seeing mention of stools in various posts. Good stool, bad stool...

I am assuming a good canine stool should look similar to a good human stool, correct? Only smaller?

Please feel free to get specific. Thx.
No comparison. A healthy human poop is suppose to float . :)
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

reba

Post by reba » Sun May 01, 2016 4:10 pm

Floaters not good.

http://www.healthline.com/symptom/floating-stools

A dogs stool should have shape. The kick it method works.

TheIndian

Post by TheIndian » Sun May 01, 2016 6:11 pm

Got it...Thx. Not sure I would have a totally clean boot after kicking the stool :wink: but it has shape for sure. Definitely not loose.

My GSP pup is almost 13 weeks and until all his shots are up to date, he confined to as much activity and simple obedience training we can provide in the yard only for now. All he does is want to eat acorns and twigs on ground. Pretty sure this has a lot to do with teething but eating all that stuff can't be good. It frustrating trying to prevent it as I don't want his intestines to get messed up. Any advice on getting him to quit it is appreciated.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Sun May 01, 2016 6:22 pm

He is a puppy and that is what puppies do/ I doubt he is eating but is chewing. Better sticks than shoes, furniture, electrical cords, handkerchiefs, and other items of clothing. I guess if it was me I wouldn't worry about it. Stopping it would be worse than the chewing.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Sun May 01, 2016 8:24 pm

reba wrote:Floaters not good.

http://www.healthline.com/symptom/floating-stools

A dogs stool should have shape. The kick it method works.

That's not what Dr Oz said. :)
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

TheIndian

Post by TheIndian » Mon May 02, 2016 4:22 am

ezzy333 wrote:He is a puppy and that is what puppies do/ I doubt he is eating but is chewing. Better sticks than shoes, furniture, electrical cords, handkerchiefs, and other items of clothing. I guess if it was me I wouldn't worry about it. Stopping it would be worse than the chewing.

Ezzy
Thx Ezzy. Yeah, you right...better than him eating the house. We've got plenty of toys to keep him busy.

Pretty sure he eating the acorns and twigs though...seen it in his stool.

DCRanger

Post by DCRanger » Wed May 04, 2016 8:37 pm

Regular dog cookies from Meijer works for my three