Puppies and Ticks

Urban_Redneck

Puppies and Ticks

Post by Urban_Redneck » Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:35 am

New pup due to arrive in 5 weeks... ticks are as thick as ever in Northeast PA.

I'm a little concerned about the proper anti-tick treatment to use on a puppy given some of the reported reactions to most of the effective products. Any advice?

Thanks!

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Re: Puppies and Ticks

Post by Sharon » Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:52 pm

I'm not a vet and not recommending anything , but for me I'd rather use a product, than have my dog bitten by mosquitoes( possible heartworm ) or ticks ( possible lyme disease). I assume you trust your vet, so go with what the vet suggests.

Personally I would use :

http://www.vetshopaustralia.com.au/Adva ... P6C87.aspx

PS Deworming is of course essential as worms can take a pup down fast.
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

art hubbard

Post by art hubbard » Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:55 am

Chewy.com might be a little cheaper, plus it's a two day delivery with no shipping charges if order is over $49.00.

chicken19590

Post by chicken19590 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:00 pm

I buy frontline plus at costco in the XL dog size 88-132lbs size. I put cotents of one package in test tube with stopper os a cap and measure out what the dog needs based on the dogs weight. My Britts are 32 and 30 lbs so i get three doses out of one XL container. This brings down cost and you can give what pup needs based on weight of pup. Used seringe that comes with 5 way or 7 way shots, discard neddle but use seringe.