Kent Native

IANative

Kent Native

Post by IANative » Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:58 am

I'm trying to source a good food locally and I discovered that our Menard's carries Kent Native in all four formulae. How is this brand? Anything I need to watch out for?

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Re: Kent Native

Post by ezzy333 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:24 am

IANative wrote:I'm trying to source a good food locally and I discovered that our Menard's carries Kent Native in all four formulae. How is this brand? Anything I need to watch out for?
I can't think of anything I could tell you to look out for relating to any food you decide to try.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

Carolina Gundogs

Post by Carolina Gundogs » Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:38 pm

Try it and look at the results over a period of 6 months is always the advise I have been given. However, I knew within a very short period that what I am using now is a good fit for my dogs.
Good Luck!

MonsterDad

Post by MonsterDad » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:49 pm

Its a good food if you like gas and runny stools.

Try Dr. Tim's Pursuit or he has some other performance foods now.

Chewy.com is the best place to buy food. Free shipping, no sales tax, 2 day delivery and great prices on his foods.

Tast of the Wild especially the duck formulas is another good choice you can buy anywhere.

IANative

Post by IANative » Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:06 pm

MonsterDad wrote:Its a good food if you like gas ...
In that case, my wife probably thinks I eat it.

The breeder from whom I just purchased my BF puppy feeds Fromm, so that's what I went with. Fortunately, the pet supply store just down the road stocks the full line of Fromm's offerings.

MonsterDad

Post by MonsterDad » Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:31 pm

Seriously, virtually everyone that tries Native uses one bag with the same comment.

Fromm Gold is good food and you can use the puppy food in the pink bag and consider it a performance food.

Off season use the black bag.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:34 pm

Or just use the one you like year round and it will work fine. Research pretty much agrees that you are better off using the same performance feed all year and not switching to a cheaper feed in the off season. there was a time I used Fromm's and loved it and then we couldn't get it anymore. I have friends that feed and like the Kent Native. As a general rule if you are getting a lot of gas you are feeding too much or have just switched to a new feed.
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

MSU Aggie

Post by MSU Aggie » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:42 pm

Native is a very good food. They had some issues a few years ago with loose stools. It was due to an ingredient change, that has since been changed back to original. I feed less and kept weight up even during guiding season. Only reason I stopped using was I get a better deal on Kinetic.