Native Performance Dog Food

Nadine

Native Performance Dog Food

Post by Nadine » Thu May 04, 2017 1:31 pm

Just wondering if anyone has tried Native Performance Level 3 Puppy food. I can purchase this online and I also have a supplier willing to order this in for me. Unfortunately, I cannot order a small bag of it, making it a large risk to take just to see if my dog will actually eat it. However, I cannot find much for reviews about this food online either to give some idea of the quality or side effects. To see if its really worth trying out in the first place. At the current moment my dog is on a mix of Royal Canin Medium Puppy and Royal Canin Mini Special Dog Food. Which is working well, but I'm always on the lookout for something better. Thanks.

cjhills
GDF Junkie

Re: Native Performance Dog Food

Post by cjhills » Thu May 04, 2017 2:42 pm

A few years back Native was being promoted hard. It seems like it the promoters have went to different brands. Some people seemed to like it. I would think your dog would eat it and do well on it. Unless he has some special food issues which is highly unlikely........Cj

bumper52

Post by bumper52 » Thu May 04, 2017 9:14 pm

http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/dog-food- ... -food-dry/

I tried it for about 6 months...it was ok...I decided to switch over to Taste of the Wild....very happy. Native is very good food, though, IMO. One of the reasons I switched is Taste of the Wild is carried by more dealers in my area.

Carolina Gundogs

Post by Carolina Gundogs » Fri May 05, 2017 10:36 am

I fed Native for 2 years. It is good feed but my dogs seem to so better on a few others BUT that doesn't mean your dogs will be the same. Some of the same people who helped develop the Native brand feed went on and helped develop the Kinetic brand feed.
My dogs did not seem to like the taste of the Native feed in particular and always had too much waste imo compared to Purina Pro feeds or even the Sportmix I feed. I have found the Sportmix to be a good fit for my dogs and is economical to purchase.

The best feed for your dogs does not necessarily mean it will be the most expensive. From what I have always been told, whenever you make a change in dog food, give it 6 months to see the true results from the change. I know where a professional guide string of bird dogs are that are fed regular Purina Dog Chow and do just fine. These dogs are often hunted 5 to 6 days a week after the season comes in and do just fine. There is a lot of marketing BS in the dog food advertising world and many jump on board believing all they ready.

Windyhills

Post by Windyhills » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:37 am

We've been using Native with our dogs (GSP's, Hi Jerry!) for years now. Down to one ten year old male who we alternative from level one to level three depending on off-season or heavy training/bird season time. All our dogs have done well on it including one who had some coat issues on other well known good foods. As a bonus they've been active in supporting sporting issues and PF I believe.

bustingcover

Post by bustingcover » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:27 pm

I've used level 3 and 4. Never Puppy but I've had great results with the stuff.

belleriver

Post by belleriver » Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:59 am

I looked at some yesterday, seemed kinda pricey.

MSU Aggie

Post by MSU Aggie » Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:44 pm

I was a big Native fan in the beginning. However Kent started using cheaper ingredients and it had negative impacts on all my dogs. They have since made more changes too get closer to the original. Ive started feeding Kinetic which was formed by the original creators of Native, who left over the ingredient fight.