I made the switch

MGIII

I made the switch

Post by MGIII » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:00 pm

Well I️ switched my dogs from PPP to Loyall. I was having to many issues with finding worms in brand new bags of PPP. I’ve emailed them and spoken to them but this last time was just that the last time. I’m done. I️ decided to go with loyall. I’ve spoken to a few people and they seem to like loyall. So far the dogs like it, let’s see how it works for them.

CDN_Cocker

Re: I made the switch

Post by CDN_Cocker » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:02 am

I feed loyall as it was the only thing that didn't upset my guy's stomach. I like it a lot, way better than all the expensive brands I kept trying when he was young. Only thing I find is that his coat never looks phenomenal on it so I add sardines
Cass
"If you train a young dog for momentum, precision will arrive. If you train for precision, demanding perfection, momentum will depart." - Rex Carr

Up North

Post by Up North » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:56 am

We made a switch to Diamond Extreme Athlete, and our four dogs love it. We switched for the cost savings, and we had heard good things about it. Our local fleet farm store carries it, so buying it on sale for our pack is a big savings.

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:13 pm

MGIII wrote:Well I️ switched my dogs from PPP to Loyall. I was having to many issues with finding worms in brand new bags of PPP. I’ve emailed them and spoken to them but this last time was just that the last time. I’m done. I️ decided to go with loyall. I’ve spoken to a few people and they seem to like loyall. So far the dogs like it, let’s see how it works for them.
Worms ??!! I've been feeding PPP forever and have never seen a worm. Bizarre.
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

Pedro

Post by Pedro » Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:56 pm

MGIII wrote:Well I️ switched my dogs from PPP to Loyall. I was having to many issues with finding worms in brand new bags of PPP. I’ve emailed them and spoken to them but this last time was just that the last time. I’m done. I️ decided to go with loyall. I’ve spoken to a few people and they seem to like loyall. So far the dogs like it, let’s see how it works for them.
My experience is same as Sharon's. Never had a quality issue with any PP products, and I've been feeding it to 3 to 4 britts for about 8 years.

shags
GDF Junkie

Post by shags » Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:17 pm

Did you speak to your supplier about the worms? They’re probably larvae of grain moths or whatever those cooties are called, that get into cereal and flour etc. If the dog food doesn’t move off the shelves in a timely manner the bags might be picking them up at the store. The manager might want to know about a problem.

Anyway, how is the new brand working out?

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:20 pm

You don't pick them up, they are there in the flour type ingredients when the feed is made as eggs and then can hatch in hot humid storage areas It is a sign the feed was not cooked and sterilized but rather is in a fresh condition. You have heard many people complain about all of the nutrients being cooked out of the feed and it just isn't so. My whole grain pigeon food had the same problem this year and though it doesn't hurt the feed it just doesn't look good. It can and does happen on reasonably fresh feed simce it was in the ingredient when it was used.
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

MGIII

I made the switch

Post by MGIII » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:54 am

I decided to stick to diamond high energy. Which my dogs love and they do well on.
Yes I contacted PUrina and they said oh thanks for the heads up. Gave me a generic response about the worms.
I wasn’t the only one finding worms in the food. My hunting buddy was having the same issue as was his friend. Either way it was sad because my dogs did well in PPP when there were no worms.

DeLo727

Post by DeLo727 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:40 pm

This is nuts, I've never heard of this. So many people out there feeding this stuff.

MGIII

I made the switch

Post by MGIII » Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:47 pm

I know. I don’t know if it’s just the area we are in or what the deal is. Image

The white flakes are the worm’s excrement