What are you paying?

ELS

What are you paying?

Post by ELS » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:12 pm

I was just curious to check in and see what people are paying for their feed in their location. I've been feeding Pro Plan for a while and love it. I had stocked up during sales before I moved to Ohio and am just coming to the end of my last bag, so I went looking around and can hardly believe that it's up to nearly $50 for a 37 pound bag. I also can't seem to find the sales here that I did back west. In CA I usually paid between $25 and $32 for a bag of PPP with whatever combo of sales, promotions, or coupons was available but here I'm hard pressed to find anything similar.

I kept looking around and ended up with Loyall Professional at $24.99 for a 40 pound bag, plus it's at the same feed store where I buy grain for the horse and feed for the chickens so that's one less trip. I was never able to find Loyall before but I know it also gets rave reviews and I like Nutrena a lot. I'm not sure if their branches are the same but my horse is eating their ProForce Fuel and doing fantastic on it. She's down to half of what she was getting before (Tribute Kalm N Easy) and no more ulcers, and it's only $18 a bag ($25 a bag for Purina's equivalent, Ultium).

Anyway, it just got me thinking. Where are you located and what prices are you paying right now for the feed you're using?

mgrucker

Re: What are you paying?

Post by mgrucker » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:35 pm

Dr. Tim's Pursuit, usually about $65 for a 40lb bag. I get it from chewy.com, I don't think I've ever bought food locally since I got my dog. It used to be $60 for a 44lb bag if I remember correctly but, at this point, I'm not going to change something that works for us.

Fun dog

Post by Fun dog » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:27 pm

I buy pro plan from amazon. Free shipping to Alaska with my prime account. Cost is about $40. Less if you subscribe and have other things to add on your subscription page.

JJWISE

Post by JJWISE » Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:29 am

I was feeding Pro Plan puppy until late fall, then switched to Pro Plan Sport. Believe both costed around $45 for a large bag. He really didn’t like the Sport though, I’ve never seen him eat anything so begrudgingly lol. Once the bag was gone I bought Beneful which I believe was around $30 for a similar size bag. He likes it better than pro plan but it’s not what I want him using when he’s going to be working hard during hunting season so I’m shopping around for different performance foods to try, may see how he does with Victor.

art hubbard

Post by art hubbard » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:18 am

Try..chewy.com They have any food that you could want, with free shipping, usually takes 2 days.

Bedight

Post by Bedight » Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:51 pm

Chewy.com $37 for 35 pounds Pro Plan free shipping if you auto order..................

ELS

Post by ELS » Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:13 pm

Interesting that so many here use Chewy. Is it the convenience or selection or...? Do you only have one or two dogs to feed/order for?

To be clear, as I mentioned this is a curiosity question about what you all are doing. I could continue to feed Pro Plan at $48 a bag but chose to switch to something else. I'm not looking for other sources of PPP. Loyall has just as many avid fans here and is supposedly more digestible because of the way it's prepared, so I'm curious to see how they do on it.

MGIII

What are you paying?

Post by MGIII » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:26 pm

I use chewy and oh $45 for a 35lb bag of kinetic dog food. Free shipping. Food is wat better than ppp

Warrior372

Post by Warrior372 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:47 am

Farmina $80 for 26lb bag. I also use Chewy because of their selection and secondly out of convenience.