Wart/Blister on dogs foot?

PoorMansWrangler

Wart/Blister on dogs foot?

Post by PoorMansWrangler » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:24 pm

Any idea what I should do about this? 9 month old GSP, dosen’t bother him at all, he walks just fine on it. Started bleeding a little today, put him in the kennel and it stopped and he is back to normal.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

zrp

Re: Wart/Blister on dogs foot?

Post by zrp » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:34 pm

How long has it been there? The photo is very grainy on my screen so I can't be confident but it could be a granuloma. That may be indicative of a chronic infection such as a foreign body. May be worth a trip to your veterinarian to see if there is a tract that leads to a thorn or piece of stubble.

PoorMansWrangler

Re: Wart/Blister on dogs foot?

Post by PoorMansWrangler » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:57 am

Hi, sorry for the late response. It first showed up on Saturday. We went to the vet er last night, and they cleaned it and looked at it. They weren’t sure what it was, but they said not to worry as it could be a cut/blister or a small growth. They said if it changes at all or appears to swell up or change colors to bring him in. As of this morning it’s smaller and looks to be healing, it’s nust hard keeping him off his feet and taking it easy.