Who feeding their dogs Dr Tim's Pursuit ?

H2O dawg

Who feeding their dogs Dr Tim's Pursuit ?

Post by H2O dawg » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:41 pm

I'm trying a bag ordered this morning for Dr Tim's Pursuit . I have a very high driven Labordor that I've tried PPP and Victor Hi Pro . I would like to hear your likes and dislikes with this food .

Up North

Re: Who feeding their dogs Dr Tim's Pursuit ?

Post by Up North » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:06 pm

We have four dogs, and one of them didn’t seem to like Dr. Tims Pursuit. I think it’s a quality dog food. What didn’t you like about Victor Hi Pro? We are feeding Diamond Natural Extreme Athlete, all of our dogs like it. Its also alot less expensive.
Last edited by Up North on Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thinblueline

Post by Thinblueline » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:11 pm

I would have given it a try but for me it’s just flat out cost prohibitive. I have a picky one year old French Brittany that weighs around 33 pounds. I’ve tried numerous foods that he has pecked at unenthusiastically, including different Taste of the Wild formulas, Purina Pro Plan, Fromm Surf and Turf and Gamebird formulas, and a couple others. He was a little better with them when I’d put a spoonful of canned pumpkin or a gravy wet dog food in it with the dry kibble, but even that he got sick of. I finally settled on Diamond Naturals Small Breed Adult Chicken and Rice. It has a real small kibble he seems to prefer. I’m done messing around with spicing it up though. I set it out there and sometimes it will sit for a day and a half before he tears into it and gobbles it up. He’s finicky but he has a definite breaking point so I stopped stressing over it.

I almost decided to go the Dr. Tims route when I stopped myself on the basis of I just think it is too expensive of a dog food. If you can afford it long term, more power to ya because I’m sure it’s a quality food.

ckirsch

Post by ckirsch » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:14 pm

I used Dr. Tim's for four or five months for my EP's. They did fine on it but when I compared it to Diamond Extreme Athlete, the Diamond looked like a better value. Switched over to that and haven't had any problems.

H2O dawg

Post by H2O dawg » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:25 am

I just cannot keep any weight on this dog with the Hi Pro or the PPP .Stools aren't the best , coat looks good .

Up North

Post by Up North » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:01 am

ckirsch wrote:I used Dr. Tim's for four or five months for my EP's. They did fine on it but when I compared it to Diamond Extreme Athlete, the Diamond looked like a better value. Switched over to that and haven't had any problems.
I was mixed up, I had wrote Victor but it is Diamond Extreme Athlete. We been using it for about a year now, and even our picky eater put on some needed weight.

mgrucker

Post by mgrucker » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:30 am

It's all my pudelpointer has ate for 4 years since he was about 6 months old. Switched the new puppy to it about a month ago. They seem to like it and always eat it immediately. Stool is usually good but I might be feeding the older one slightly too much for how lazy we've been the last few months and it's getting a little inconsistent. They look really good, muscular and defined. The older one initially had a lot of dry skin issues, like dandruff, and that went away after I switched from the puppy food to the Pursuit. New puppy had the same thing and it's gone now. Not sure if they grew out of it or if it was the food but I switched new puppy much earlier so I think the food had at least some effect on it going away.

When I started, with 1 dog, it came in 44lb bags and was a little cheaper. Now it's 40lb bags and getting kind of pricey. At this point though I'm not going to change what has been working for a few bucks.

kumate

Post by kumate » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:09 am

I had been using Dr. Tim’s product for at least for five years, German shorthair pointer . My dogs are just health dogs that I wrote on my bicycle stuff like that I like the momentum and really feed less of it I alternate between momentum and the pursuit I’ve been meeting to pursue the last six months or so by 50 pound female GFP using less than 2 cups in my 70 pounds higher energy mail take 3 to 3 and 1/2 cups their coats are beautiful I really like Dr. Tim’s products he is readily accessible and I have spoken to him many times on the phone and via email . I have confidence his products have consistent high quality control compared to diamond . Look at diamond pet food recalls and look at Dr. Tim’s and that will tell the tale quality does cost

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:13 am

kumate wrote:I had been using Dr. Tim’s product for at least for five years, German shorthair pointer . My dogs are just health dogs that I wrote on my bicycle stuff like that I like the momentum and really feed less of it I alternate between momentum and the pursuit I’ve been meeting to pursue the last six months or so by 50 pound female GFP using less than 2 cups in my 70 pounds higher energy mail take 3 to 3 and 1/2 cups their coats are beautiful I really like Dr. Tim’s products he is readily accessible and I have spoken to him many times on the phone and via email . I have confidence his products have consistent high quality control compared to diamond . Look at diamond pet food recalls and look at Dr. Tim’s and that will tell the tale quality does cost
You might want to consider the time in business, the number of facilities, the volume of feed produced and also understand what and how voluntary recalls happen.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

mountaindogs
GDF Junkie

Post by mountaindogs » Mon May 07, 2018 8:59 pm

I feed Dr. Tim's. Really like it, but I do wish it was cheaper. I searched long and hard for a food that could keep weight on a hard keeper I had, and Momentum did the trick. Pursuit is for my "normal" dogs that hold weight well but still hunt/train regularly. In heavy hunting I will put most of the adults on momentum and only have to feed 1/2 of what I would feed of pro plan. Feeding more in the winter just turned into a kennel cleaning hassle and the dogs do better with out so much volume to digest.

The great food debate is always on. What works for some does not for others. If you have a hard keeper like mine you might also try Inukshuk. chewy carries it as well. It does a good job at holding the weight, but I prefer Dr. Tim's because of the amino acids, and probiotics blends they use.