Grain Free dog food

Gwendolyn Devaughn63

Grain Free dog food

Post by Gwendolyn Devaughn63 » Sat May 12, 2018 1:26 am

I wanna for dog eat grain free.Of the grain-free food choices, I am wondering which your dogs like the best. Could you give me a advice,pls?

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Re: Grain Free dog food

Post by ezzy333 » Sat May 12, 2018 12:45 pm

Grain free has turned into a fad that has little if any evidence it is better. Experience tells us grain is an advantage for hard working dogs as you will find if you see what most trial dogs as well as sled dogs are fed. We want to see a meat based feed with a good amount of grain to back it up. All of this said, I have little knowledge of one being better than another of the grain free feeds. Pick one and see how the dog responds to it after a couple of months is about the best you can do. Just be sure you pick one that is readily available, you can afford, and the dog likes. Beyond that, the dog is the only one that can tell you how good a food really is.
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

Dakotazeb

Post by Dakotazeb » Sat May 12, 2018 5:55 pm

If your dog doesn't require a "grain free" food I wouldn't necessarily feed it. For one thing, it generally costs more. However, if you are dealing with an allergy dog (like me) or one with other sensitivities then a Limited Ingredient Grain Free food my be your best choice. With my dog allergy testing positive for most protein sources in dog food (chicken, turkey, salmon, lamb, etc.) I struggled finding a food. She was negative for pork and venison so that is where I began my search. Venison dog food is super expensive so I was limited to pork and wild boar. The other thing I found was that a lot of grain free foods are also fairly low in protein and fat. My Brittany is a big running trial dog so I wanted something with approx. 30% protein and 20% fat. I was feeding a formula from Canidae that I felt was pretty good but my dog had a lot of stool. About 9 months ago I switched to a brand called Zignature. They only make grain free limited ingredient formulas. I feed the pork formula (31% protein & 18% fat) and my dog has done very well on it. Zignaure is marketed by a company in California but their dry food is made in Minnesota by NutriSource. I order Zignature from Chewy.com. It's not cheap at about $55 for a 27 lb. bag but I'm only feeding one dog so it's not a big deal. Any reviews or ratings I've found on Zignature have been very high.
Janee's August Breeze - Bree
http://gundogcentral.com/view_pedigree. ... erations=5

NSTRA Champion Godfather's Dakota Elle 2008-2016
https://gundogcentral.com/view_pedigree ... erations=5

adrianastepheny

Post by adrianastepheny » Wed May 16, 2018 11:18 pm

Dogs aren’t omnivores; they can get their nutrition from not only meat but, also grains, fruits, and veggies, which are excellent sources of fiber, vitamins and essential minerals for your dog’s good health.

Nmhuntr

Post by Nmhuntr » Mon May 21, 2018 7:39 pm

I use Victor grain free.

SCT

Post by SCT » Tue May 22, 2018 7:50 am

Farmina n&d chicken and pomegranate in their pumpkin line.

Urban_Redneck

Post by Urban_Redneck » Thu May 24, 2018 1:49 pm

Unless you are trying to get away from a specific allergen, carbs are carbs.

I feed raw, meat, bones, organs.