Clinical trials

shags
GDF Junkie

Clinical trials

Post by shags » Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:44 am

Kind of a PSA. Are you aware that veterinary colleges offer inclusion of our pets in clinical trials? If you're not unreasonably far from a vet school, it might be worthwhile to check out any trials upcoming or ongoing. Often they offer free treatment for a variety of conditions and diseases and first rate cutting edge care. Some trials are pretty simple but still offer incentives. For example, I enrolled my two oldies in a behavioral survey and received Amazon gift cards for completing an online questionnaire which took less than a minute to finish. One trial at my state U's vet school offers $2500 worth of imaging and a $500 credit for any treatment at their clinic for cardiac dogs to undergo an MRI.

It's easy to check the school's website for available trials. I've seen ones for skin, allergies, cancers, behavioral issues, ophthalmology, orthopedics and more

I'd definitely check it out if my vet has diagnosed a problem, before we went with treatment, because some trials want animals who are ill, but not currently taking meds for it. Vet can probably check for available trials right there in the office.

weimdogman

Re: Clinical trials

Post by weimdogman » Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:14 am

Thanks for bringing this up!

Mosby

Re: Clinical trials

Post by Mosby » Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:42 pm

Good information. Thank you.