Bloody Vomit

oregon woodsmoke

Bloody Vomit

Post by oregon woodsmoke » Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:20 pm

This is something I've never seen before and am hoping someone will recognize what it is. If this has happened to your dog and you know what caused it, please share.

A month ago, the Bracco started vomiting at night, a lot of vomit. Then near dawn she threw up a bunch of blood. After that, she bounced up and felt fine. There was noting in the vomit that should not be in a dog's stomach. No plant material, no bones, no feathers, nothing but partially digested dog food.

Then last night, the Aussie started vomiting. Lots of vomit. Then, near dawn, he threw up a bunch of blood and after that he seemed fine, although he is an older dog and seems a bit more tired than usual. Again, nothing in the vomit that should not be there.

We are paranoid careful with any chemicals or household cleaners.

The dogs have access to about 3 acres of heavy woods, all carefully fenced so they can't wander. They don't normally eat plants, except for occasionally grass, and there was no plant matter in the vomit.

By morning both dogs were fine, so nothing to show the vet. No fever, no blisters, not acting sick, so we didn't go to the vet.

Everything I can think of that it could possibly be, I look it up and the symptoms don't match.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Garrison

Re: Bloody Vomit

Post by Garrison » Fri Oct 29, 2021 4:46 pm

8086F207-23E2-4C49-8165-54754BCB941D.jpeg
Maybe something they ate, or maybe not! :D

So many things could cause GI issues.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.”
- Mark Twain-