limping

fleetmanager

limping

Post by fleetmanager » Wed Oct 20, 2004 12:43 pm

Hey Guys,

I have a new Lab and he is 16 wks old. I don't know if this is a problem or normal for a pup.

He has been limping slightly on his rt leg. He doesn't seem to be in pain and he plays and eats well.

Could this be growing pains? He is 16 wks old but is a healthy 45 lbs. The Vet seems to think that he will be close to 100 lbs when fully grown.

I checked his pads for stickers etc. and moved his leg around. He doesn't seem to be in any pain. He has been doing this for the last couple weeks. It is ever so slight, but I notice it.

What do you think? :(

grant
GDF Junkie

Post by grant » Wed Oct 20, 2004 12:51 pm

Kage did the same for a few days...

He's fine now. I hope yours turns out fine...

Country-Side Breeders

Post by Country-Side Breeders » Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:46 pm

It most likely is growing pains...he's growing too fast for his body to catch up (does that make sense?? :? ). Another thought is if he's had a vaccination lately...sometimes they gimper around for awhile afterwards.

fleetmanager

Post by fleetmanager » Wed Oct 20, 2004 5:30 pm

That sounds logical. He has been getting his shots regular and just got his last set with the rabies shot last friday. :P

I'll keep watching him. :salute:

Thanks

Country-Side Breeders

Post by Country-Side Breeders » Wed Oct 20, 2004 6:40 pm

Did he get the shot in his muscle or under the skin? In the muscle generally is what bothers them more and the rabies is given more in the muscles then under the skin...although it can be given that way, too.

fleetmanager

Post by fleetmanager » Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:15 am

From what I saw it was under the skin. He pulled up on his hide and stuck the needle in the loose skin.