Feeding BARF (Raw food diet) to gundogs

Fenn2006

Feeding BARF (Raw food diet) to gundogs

Post by Fenn2006 » Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:51 am

Hi - I was wondering whether anyone with gundogs feeds there dogs the BARF diet? thinking of switching to this but not sure?

bobman

Post by bobman » Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:50 pm

I've read a lot about it and If you study it and really know what you are doing it makes a lot of sense to me. The down side is how do you travel and do it with a bunch of dogs.
currently two shorthairs, four english pointers, one Brittany, one SPRINGER a chihuahua and a min pin lol

Crystal kennels

Post by Crystal kennels » Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:34 pm

We have 5 Shorthairs and I feed raw 85 percent of the time. If I am travelling I use frozen Bil-jac or Pro Plan Salmon and Rice. The dogs do beautifully on the raw diet and we hunt them October through Feb. on Grouse and Woodcock. Also ours are used as preserve guide dogs 3 times a week. The raw diet keeps them slim but they still have energy and stamina to hunt 6 hours a day. I am lucky because I work with a veterinarian that is board certified in Nutrition and is head of nutrition at Cornell. Dr. Joe always is there to help me out if I have any concerns. BTW he highly recommends the Glycocharge by Annamaet.