Diamond Extreme athlete dog food

my 3 sons gsp

Diamond Extreme athlete dog food

Post by my 3 sons gsp » Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:58 pm

Does anyone feed this dog food . I am currently feeding Diamond brands to my shorthairs without any problems . I just wanted some feed back on this diamond food ,it has 32% protien 25% fat . I hunt them pretty hard during season and live in the mid west were temp can get low .
owner of 4 gsp and love it

big steve46

Post by big steve46 » Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:27 pm

My feedstore owner was telling me about it, and was not expecting to sell much. I use the Diamond Premium successfully. I might try the Performance if I worked my dog harder. I might use the Natural if I had the need. I think they developed the Extreme to outdo the other brands.
big steve

nitrex

Post by nitrex » Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:48 pm

I got a few samples from a local trainer/kennel owner. He has been feeding it for some time now and say it will put weight on a dog fast! Don't think this is for the weekend hunting dog, but for the dog that needs to gain weight or is run hard everyday! My dogs like it well enough, but I haven't used it long enough to know what it will be like over the long haul.

Nitrex

gwgdog66

Post by gwgdog66 » Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:12 pm

I've read about it. I haven't looked to see if it is available in my area yet. Like Big Steve, my GSP's are doing just fine on the Diamond Premium. It looks like it would be a good food like Nitrex said, if you hunted or worked your dogs hard every day. Mine just don't get worked hard enough to warant a change.

my 3 sons gsp

Post by my 3 sons gsp » Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:07 pm

I would like to thank you for your responses . This help me with my decision what to feed during the season . I will switch to the premium Brand . Thanks again
owner of 4 gsp and love it