Best Dog Food?

Flash0507

Best Dog Food?

Post by Flash0507 » Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:36 am

What are some of the top foods to feed your hunting dog? I have a 6 month old black lab. I'm currently feeding Nutro Natural Choice Large Breed Puppy.

Ayres
GDF Junkie

Post by Ayres » Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:49 am

If you get ten different answers within ten replies, I wouldn't be surprised. I'll keep mine simple: I feed NutriSource.
- Steven

Justus Kennels.com

Justus James Ayres SH CGC - Justus - Rest in Peace, buddy.
Wind River's JK Clara Belle - Belle
Wind River's JK Black Tie Affair - Tux

luke0927

Post by luke0927 » Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:31 pm

Blackwood is good stuff...

i switched to blackgold plantation blend and my dogs are doing just as well on the same amount of feed.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:32 pm

A feed that your dog likes and does well on, is readily available, and is affordable is the best dog food there is no matter what is written on the bag.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

Ross IV

Post by Ross IV » Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:38 pm

i agree with ezzy. i have tried what others told me to use, it didnt work. use what works for your dog. i love the blue buffalo stuff, its spendy, but i love it.

ohiohuntinweim

Post by ohiohuntinweim » Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:51 pm

I am currently feeding Pro plan Sensitive skin and stomach. Really good food. Also had success with Nature's Recipe Venison and Rice (can you tell my dog has sensitive skin).

I have used the nutro ven&rice as well as the fish and potato, as well as the normal lg breed with good sucess. Smokey's coat is better on the NR or PP over the nutro. But its all about what works for your dog!!
Jeremy

"Going to the woods is going home." -John Muir

big steve46

Post by big steve46 » Sat Dec 15, 2007 7:48 am

Ezzy is correct. The ones of us that have been feeding hunting dogs for a long time will tell you that most dogs do well on most good quality feeds. A few do have special needs and most of the good companies will have a formula to meet that need. I think it's silly to pay over 50 cents a lb for dog food, but that's just my opinion.
big steve