Hunt Test This Weekend

Sage45

Hunt Test This Weekend

Post by Sage45 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:15 am

I am taking Sage (just turned six months last week) to her first hunt test this weekend. Wish me luck...although she is more than ready just kind of nerveracking...haha

thanks,
lane

BDBUzi

Re: Hunt Test This Weekend

Post by BDBUzi » Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:33 am

Good luck!

I'm a bit nervous as well because I'm running my 6 month old pup in a NAVHDA NA test tomorrow. I think he's ready, but this is the first event for both of us, so we're not sure what to expect.

3Britts

Post by 3Britts » Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:40 am

Good luck to both of you. If you are anything like I was, you are more nervous than your dogs are.
They are ready to go and wondering what is keeping you. :wink:
Of course, I will be running my 11 month old female in her fist field trial next weekend so, I'll
probable be a wreck.

MTO4Life

Post by MTO4Life » Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:46 am

Good luck to all of you... I'm sure the dogs are fine, and it is the first date jitters that are getting you all!!! Enjoy the running and post some pictures when done!!

PrairieGoat

Post by PrairieGoat » Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:11 pm

Sage45 and BDBUzi,

If you've done a little work with your pups, you should do fine. Most importantly......have fun.....that's really what it is all about (although we all want our pups to do well)!

Randy

Sage45

Post by Sage45 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:02 am

WELLLLL..... WOW those birds they used were big!!! haha. i had been using frozen Florida ducks and well... they in no way match up to those giant greenheads...so the first day was a wash. she had no idea how to deal with a bird that big. second day, the goose decoys scared her 1/4 mile away from the test..hahaha. but i did meet up with a great trainer and have been working with him. things are going really well now and she now loves the big birds! all in all it was a good experience to see what a hunt test was all about! i am really looking foward to the next one in Okeechobee as I know sage will be more than ready then! thanks for all the well wishes and i will let yall konw how things progress!

phermes1
GDF Junkie

Post by phermes1 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:22 am

If you're going to the North Florida GSP HT - I'll see you there. I'm entered in Senior Hunter with Buffy.
http://www.socovs.com
DC AFC Valley Hunter's Southern Comfort CD MH NA NAJ, UT Prize II, "Shooter"
DC GCH Lagniappe's Chosen One MH, "Buffy"
DC AFC SoCo's Enchanted One JH, "TomBoy"
CH SoCo's Independence Day SH, "Patriot"
SoCo's Twist of Fate JH, "Emma Jane"

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:04 pm

Sage45 wrote:WELLLLL..... WOW those birds they used were big!!! haha. i had been using frozen Florida ducks and well... they in no way match up to those giant greenheads...so the first day was a wash. she had no idea how to deal with a bird that big. second day, the goose decoys scared her 1/4 mile away from the test..hahaha. but i did meet up with a great trainer and have been working with him. things are going really well now and she now loves the big birds! all in all it was a good experience to see what a hunt test was all about! i am really looking foward to the next one in Okeechobee as I know sage will be more than ready then! thanks for all the well wishes and i will let yall konw how things progress!

You've been bit by the bug; you're done now. :)

( I've been trialing for 12 years and i'm still a nervous wreck before my brace. Spend most of the time in the outhouse. LOL )
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett