Whining

RUSTY_21

Whining

Post by RUSTY_21 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:27 pm

My 10-month-old golden will not stop whining when we go out duck hunting. when he see's the ducks he stops but until he see's them it is none stop whining.
Does anyone know how to fix this or will he get over it with experience.

RUSTY_21

Re: Whining

Post by RUSTY_21 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:44 am

Anybody???? :(

dlfl

Post by dlfl » Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:40 pm

He is a puppy and as all puppies he wants something going on all the time. Give him time to mature and it will correct this.
Dіck

Georgia Boy

Post by Georgia Boy » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:20 pm

What a friend of mine does that trains labs is grab them by the muzzle, tell them to hush and put some pressure on them until they stop. If you are consistant they seem to catch on pretty quick.
Home of the truly versatile hunting companion www.vommountaincreek.com

Wilber

Post by Wilber » Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:10 pm

I hate to tell you this but my retriever used to whine in the car whenever she thought we were going hunting. It used to drive me nuts and nothing would seem to stop it for more than a minute or two. The drive to where I hunt pheasants was about 3 hours! I lived with it for 11 years. You might have to too. But if you find a solution please pass it along!

GSPVIZ

Post by GSPVIZ » Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:35 pm

Both of mine whine in the morning when they want to go out, when I go upstairs and they want me to come back down, in the car when they want to get out and run around, at the front screen door when we are outside doing yard work, out the front window when we leave, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, :lol:

I gave up a long time ago.

RUSTY_21

Post by RUSTY_21 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:10 am

I went hunting on thursday and took along a pig ear for him to chew on and it worked. Adding a couple to the hunting pack for next time.