Looking for pigeons

jsc11700

Looking for pigeons

Post by jsc11700 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:01 pm

I am looking for homing pigeons for dog training. I am located in Southern Oregon. Does anyone know where I can get some?

Don
GDF Junkie

Re: Looking for pigeons

Post by Don » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:46 pm

How many do you need? Are you putting in a coop? I usually give about ten birds to guys that are building their own coop.

BTW, I'm in Central Ore
Never set your dog up to fail - Delmar smith

The greatest room in the world is the room for improvement - William F. Brown

Some people think to much like people and not enough like dogs!

WiskeyJaR

Post by WiskeyJaR » Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:13 pm

Don's a good man, got me loft started he did. Birds are strong flyers and healthy.

WiskeyJaR

jsc11700

Post by jsc11700 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:06 pm

Don wrote:How many do you need? Are you putting in a coop? I usually give about ten birds to guys that are building their own coop.

BTW, I'm in Central Ore
Don,

I already have a coop built but don't have any birds. I had a few this summer that I had trapped but ended up using those as shooters. I have a pup that I only need a couple birds for now to do some more gun introduction. I will be looking again next spring for more birds to actually get my coupe up and running Where in central oregon are you located? Are you a trainer?

Jeremy

Don
GDF Junkie

Post by Don » Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:22 pm

jsc11700 wrote:
Don wrote:How many do you need? Are you putting in a coop? I usually give about ten birds to guys that are building their own coop.

BTW, I'm in Central Ore
Don,

I already have a coop built but don't have any birds. I had a few this summer that I had trapped but ended up using those as shooters. I have a pup that I only need a couple birds for now to do some more gun introduction. I will be looking again next spring for more birds to actually get my coupe up and running Where in central oregon are you located? Are you a trainer?

Jeremy
The time to get your coop up and running is now. Then next spring the birds will be at home and pairs will be nesting.

I'm in Antelope, 30 mi NE of Madras. I trained years ago but only fool with my own dogs anymore.
Never set your dog up to fail - Delmar smith

The greatest room in the world is the room for improvement - William F. Brown

Some people think to much like people and not enough like dogs!