New launcher.... anybody seen one of these?

Scott D.

Re: New launcher.... anybody seen one of these?

Post by Scott D. » Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:24 pm

I am waiting on my next shipment to arrive. I know it is sitting in LA. I will see it sometime mid week and hope to get all my orders filled by the end of the week a week from Monday will be the worst case scenario. I did run across some QC issues that have cost me dearly and especially my time line it is way off the mark. If you have more questions you are always welcome to call.

Scott

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:07 am

Hmmm...Sounds like they will be plenty in time for CHRISTMAS presents :mrgreen:
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

Reech

Post by Reech » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:54 am

littleking wrote:mine works great, only thing that does not work is the locator, its WHISPER quiet
My wife used to give me grief when I would forget where I placed the launchers when we were training my dog as a Pup. I told her not to worry about it that's why we have the dog. In about 3 weeks the dog will get used to the smell of them and will be able to find them without any trouble at all.

Reech

Scott D.

Post by Scott D. » Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:40 pm

OK, I finally feel like I am breathing now. I have inventory and have resolves the initial issues we saw on the first run of launchers. Those that have not gotten their launchers. They are all on there way other than a few that I have to contact concerning payment options. I am very appreciative for the patience on all of this.

I am now shipping on all new orders. I am getting new pictures posted on the website and will update it so that the 3-4 week delivery time is not on there anymore. You can also email me or call me for a promo code. I will save you some money on them.

I know there are a few of you that I am still updating circuit boards with. I will be in contact and will take care of all of that stuff.

Call if you have questions/concerns.

Scott

rstbkt69

Post by rstbkt69 » Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:30 am

I had my unit for a little bit before I had the chance to use it. I was very happy with the performance. I'd recommend a lanyard for the remote though. I knelt down to release the dog from the stakeout and activated the remote and lost a pigeon. :oops: Other than that I had a pretty productive day without any problems and am happy with the launcher. Glad things have turned around Scott.

Chaingang

Post by Chaingang » Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:52 am

Anymore reviews from those who bought these launchers and have had a good chance to use them?

iowajonnyboy

Post by iowajonnyboy » Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:49 pm

I'm also interested to hear from any of the other folks who have working units. I'm going to be pulling the trigger on a set of launchers soon!

Jon

luke0927

Post by luke0927 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:57 pm

ive got two i use them a lot and haven't had any problems at all since the antenna was fixed. would buy another one.

wems2371
GDF Junkie

Post by wems2371 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:35 pm

Luke--how loud is the beep for the location finder? A friend has one and his isn't very loud, if you've set it out at a distance, have you had any troubles that way. Also, if I remember right the remote is teeny tiny. For those of you that already had a tried and true brand--how does this compare? I have a DT now, but wouldn't mind getting a more economical launcher next year, if it is comparable. Although I don't know how many remotes we can handle at once! :lol: :lol: Denise

Winglish

Post by Winglish » Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:46 pm

Wems, I'm not Luke but I'll tell you how loud my launcher is. I would compare the alarm to a cell phone ringing. The volume is about the same. My first launcher also had to have the antenna repaired as it came from early stock. The replacement seems to work fine so far.

12 Volt Man

Post by 12 Volt Man » Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:09 pm

I'm working on a review of these. So far so good. Here's some work from a few days ago http://utahbirddogs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3496

kylenicholas02

Post by kylenicholas02 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:22 am

Alright it sounds like I've let ya'll work out most of the bugs with these launchers. I'm looking for running two or three, with limited range. Are these the way to go guys? Sure sounds like it, without having to spend hundreds... Thanks for the commentary
KN

wems2371
GDF Junkie

Post by wems2371 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:29 am

12 Voltman.........you are evil. You just sent me off with your link to another forum that I'd never visited. As a wannabe photographer, I spent an hour looking at the photos thread. Then on to a few other topics......... It's not like I have any more time to spend perusing the computer. :twisted: I'll look forward to your review.

Denise

luke0927

Post by luke0927 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:33 am

the locate sound is not really loud but if you know the general area you put it in you should not have trouble finding it....I may see if i can do some video of one of them in action.

rstbkt69

Post by rstbkt69 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:57 pm

I have not owned any other launchers but my gsp was trained by 2 trainers that used DT's. During that training I worked with the dogs on the weekends when I could get away from town, so I was able to use the DT's a little. Both trainers had a unit that was missing the electronics package that opened with the remote so it was a manual release. I don't know how long they worked before one was lost or stolen out of his truck and the other one was just lost. You can't lose Scotts electronics unless you lose the whole launcher.
Scotts electronics are sealed up pretty well so other than dunking it in a river with a 6 pack in it to cool off the beer and then trying to impress your buddies with a hey watch this moment I don't think water would be an issue.
The little remote is not an issue with me. It is what my hand is use to now and it only weighs a few grams(i hang it from my neck on a lanyard) and the single remote will work more than one launcher without any switch position changes. But from what I understand not as many as other launchers can, but it will take care of my needs and I have 2 now thanks to Scotts great customer service.
As for the locator beeper. I cant hear it anyway. Maybe if a 1920's ah-uga horn from the JC whitney catalog was mounted to it I could so even if it didn't have a beeper it would make no difference to me. Besides, if I couldn't find it I'd just let the dog find it for me. Why do you need a beeper when you have a GSP. Oh wait not every body does............WoW my very first other dog breed dig ever. LOL
I was very impatient during Scotts pre- release period and was an horses rear end on several occasions but Scott went above and beyond what anybody EVER would have done from any other company I am sure. I feel like a jerk now because he delivered a great launcher for an excellent price and he could have just as well sent my money back with a shipping label for the launcher. Buy it!!!!

wems2371
GDF Junkie

Post by wems2371 » Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:43 am

I guess we all train differently.......or maybe it's just me. :lol: I don't use the locate beeper when we're just doing simple yard drills or working on a small grass patch. But when we take launchers out in a 10+ acre field and plant them with a pigeon, you can be amazed how quickly I can turn around back to the truck to get the dog and forget where I put them. That's alright, cause as you said, the dog should find them. If she blows past one though (yes it's happened :oops: ), I guess I'd kind of like an idea of where we need to go back and work the field--not to mention find my $launcher. Once I had to push the button just to see how far out I had to flush, as sometimes I hide them way too well. :mrgreen: I also don't have enough hands to carry the launchers after we work them, so now I have to go back in the field after I put the dog up, and locate 'em and pick 'em up. Again, to each their own, but I like a decent locator beep. Really wish I had a field of wild birds instead! :roll: Denise

PS--I did see a photo of the remote size on the Treads and Tracks homepage.

****And yes, GSPs are the best for me.

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:01 pm

you know if people wouldn't forget where they put their launchers then a beeper wouldn't be needed in the first place :lol:
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

rstbkt69

Post by rstbkt69 » Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:34 pm

What launcher?

Oh, that one! :D

luke0927

Post by luke0927 » Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:50 am

Just as a note i left my two launchers in the field over night and it rained pretty good and they are still working fine. (some things came up and i had to leave and just forgot they were out there) they are sealed pretty good there was some condinsation in the electornics area but i pulled the lid and let everything air out and its all good.

fratelle

Post by fratelle » Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:43 am

Hi all,
I just ordered mine its been sent to Australia I will be the first in Australia to have one cannot wait to use it. We dont have access to most training tools you guys get in the USA e-collars are banned here and we dont have a big enough market for anyone to export here. I have brought all my traing gear of recommedations from this forum with the exchange rate to Aussie dollar and shipping so expencive I figure this sport has coast me about $5000.00 to get started. What recession
Regards,
Angelo

fratelle

Post by fratelle » Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:02 pm

Hi,
Just got my launcher, have fully charged it but it will not launch at any distance has anyone had troble with the remotes should I change the battery in the remote.

fratelle

Post by fratelle » Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:04 pm

Hi,
Sorry the new launchers mDoggies I had to purchase a new power plug as Australia is 240volts.

rstbkt69

Post by rstbkt69 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:17 pm

so have you had a chance to get a full charge and try it out yet?

fratelle

Post by fratelle » Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:34 pm

Yes fully charged but no range I hope I did not get one of the early ones it seems they had problems I thought were fixed as to post it back will cost me a fortune does anyone know how to fix them

fratelle

Post by fratelle » Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:14 pm

Does anyone know the problem with the units is it hardware or software can I get it fixed in Australia as the cost of shipping is too much It will be cheaper to get it done here. I have a guy ready to fix it but he needs to some backround on the problem if its just a small thing he can replace it. If its software im f****ed

fratelle

Post by fratelle » Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:35 pm

Hi all,
Scott has contacted me direct, like less than 5 minutes we are working it out great guy very good service
Regards,
Angelo

gilligan33

Post by gilligan33 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:21 am

Sorry to bring up an old topic, but.....

Has anyone bought any of these recently? I'm in the market for a couple launchers and need to save all the money I can, but after reading this entire thread, I do have some concern. Sounds like most of the bugs are worked out, hopefully, but I just want to know if anyone has purchased one recently. Thanks.

jjrod78

Post by jjrod78 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:37 am

I bought one of these about a month ago. Haven't gotten it out yet. I will be trying it out in the next few days. If I like it I will probably buy one or two more. I will try and post and let you know what I think about it.

stetson82

Post by stetson82 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:24 pm

i ordered 1 a well over a month ago but still have yet to recieve it. i called about 2weeks after i ordered he said it would ship in a week. 2 weeks after that week no launcher. kinda was hoping the ship next day advertised would hold true but wish i would have gotten a different one.

kylenicholas02

Post by kylenicholas02 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:41 pm

Never purchased one, but after reading the continued customer concerns and problems. I purchased 3 DT launchers, and love them
KN

dugger13

Post by dugger13 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:07 pm

I would not waste the time waiting. I can say this guy has great customer service, but for the name brand launchers are worth the extra 50 bucks. The old saying, you get what you pay for rings true with this topic. I have two of his launchers. Honestly, i would gladly sell you both, and hopefully get enough money to buy a dogtra, dt, our LCsupply launcher.

PM me...

kylenicholas02

Post by kylenicholas02 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:56 pm

I think that says enough... Nice shorthair btw
KN

bpenn1980

Post by bpenn1980 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:21 am

I bought one last month or the month before, off his ebay store. Was in my hands within the week. Not sure what the problem could be for your guys order. It works well too.

slistoe
GDF Junkie

Post by slistoe » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:20 am

What kind of range does the release have in heavy cover?

bpenn1980

Post by bpenn1980 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:34 pm

Like shooting the bird through a bush? I'm not sure, cover isnt too thick out west here, i just nestled it into a sage bush. I'd say it popped the bird up 5-6 feet? First launcher i've owned, but seemed just fine to me.

stetson82

Post by stetson82 » Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:36 pm

i called and talked to scott today. told me he would ship it monday. same thing he told me 3 weeks ago. which was a month after i oredered it so over 2 months to get and it was advertised next day shipping on his website. and with shipping charges of about 30 - 40 i should have bought a different one. even if its the best i really dont want it customer service and gauranteed delivery times are horrible. adam

tommyboy72
GDF Junkie

Post by tommyboy72 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:14 pm

I just had to email Scott this weekend about mine. I received mine last fall, got it out, and tested the range from about 30-35 yards away and it worked fine. I put the launcher in storage in a spare room at my house and have never used it. It has never been dropped, never had anything dropped on it, and never had anything set on it. It has never even been out of the house except the one time in the backyard to test the range on it for about 5 minutes. Now in order to get it to launch you have to touch the transmitter to the antennae. It has absolutely no range. I charged the launcher and put a brand new Energizer battery in the transmitter. I have no idea why it did this but it took me forever to get mine as well. If anyone has had this problem or knows how to fix it please pm me or post a fix to the problem. We have an electronics and radio store here in town and I am thinking that if I have to I will just have them install a new antennae and purchase a new transmitter for the launcher, one with more range, the rest of the unit works fine. The launcher part works fine when it launches and the alarm part works fine when it goes off. It is all just a range issue. I work mostly on wild birds but thought I would purchase a launcher and some birds just for some light yard work so any help anyone could give me with fixing this issue would be greatly appreciated.

littleking

Post by littleking » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:07 pm

Anyone have contact info for him? Need to figure out how to reprogram remote

Ricky Ticky Shorthairs

Post by Ricky Ticky Shorthairs » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:13 am

The fella that sold them passed away. Post on Utah Bird Dogs and someone may be able to help you.

Doug