GSPC of Illinois Training Days

Elroy's Bandit

GSPC of Illinois Training Days

Post by Elroy's Bandit » Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:08 am

I had a great experience this past weekend at the GSPCI training Days held at DesPlaines Conservation. I wasn't sure what to expect, but I learned a ton of great training techniques and recieved some solid "handling" tips throughout the day. What a great event the club puts on! I am sorry I wasn't able to get to the 1st one, but I will not miss the final date. It's open to all GSPCI members, so if you are a member , I would highly recommend you get out there, and if you are located near by, you should think about joining the club.The training is broken down into 4 levels and is designed to put you and your puppy/dog in the right ability and maturity level to get the most out of the day. I was amazed at how much we were able to accomplish in 3 hours. I have never been involved with a club that provides so much for their members. It's a great way to become more involved with your dog and other people who have the same interest in dogs, training, obedience, hunt tests, field trials, shows, etc. The last training day is July 19th,
Bill L.

stetson82

Re: GSPC of Illinois Training Days

Post by stetson82 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:12 am

Hey that sounds great . I am from N IL I would love to join if anybody has any info on who I can contact.

Elroy's Bandit

Post by Elroy's Bandit » Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:10 am

Here is a link to the GSPCI website. There you can look at all the club has to offer and there is also the info you need to register. You won't be disappointed.

http://www.gspci.org

Bill L.

stetson82

Post by stetson82 » Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:52 pm

Thanks . It seems as though you need a sponsor to apply on the application. I really dont know anybody in the club. Do i have to have someone there or can i fill it out and mail it in without. Adam

co1651

Post by co1651 » Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:11 am

You can use my name Sean Audy, I am also on the board as the obedience chairman, if you have any questions feel free to email me at co1651@yahoo.com or call me at 815-693-2387. We also have a bi-monthly membership meeting on tues jul 14 if you are interested in attending. I am also one of the instructors at the summer training sessions.

talk to ya soon

Sean

stetson82

Post by stetson82 » Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:41 am

Thanks. Where and when are the meetings?

co1651

Post by co1651 » Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:03 am

7:00 PM General Meeting
Location Luis & Luigi's Restaurant & Bar (Formerly known as Mancini's)
Description The German Shorthaired Pointer Club of Illinois holds its club meetings at Luis & Luigi's Restaurant & Bar (Formerly known as Mancini's) located at 5245 Saint Charles Rd., Berkley, Il. The meetings are held on the second Tuesday every other month and start at 7:00 PM. Routes to meeting place From the North I-294 South to Rockford West I-290/20-64. Follow signs to I-290 Chicago, there will be a series of loops. Once on I-290 exit 14B (St. Charles Rd., East) East on St. Charles Rd. to one (1) block East of Wolf Rd. From the South I-294 to Rockford West I-290/20-64. Enter I-290 exit 14B (St. Charles Rd., East) East on St. Charles Rd. to one (1) Block East of Wolf Rd. From East or West I-290 To exit 14B (St.Charles Rd., East) East on St. Charles Rd. to one (1) block East of Wolf Rd.

if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask and Bill sorry I hijacked your post see ya at the picnic

Elroy's Bandit

Post by Elroy's Bandit » Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:39 am

Hey Shaun....no hijack, just getting information out on a fantastic club. Adam, look forward to seeing you at the events and meetings. Fill out that form, and maybe we will see you on July 19th!! Later
Bill L.