why does my pup pee so much in the house??

1doogie

why does my pup pee so much in the house??

Post by 1doogie » Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:22 pm

I have a 9 week old male GSPand he pees multiple times an hour in the house!! Ive' had other female pups befor but never a male. Is he just marking?? It is never a large amount just about a 2" puddle!! he seems to always empty his bladder outside. He seems to be able to go about 2 hours if in his crate. This seems normal to me. but 7- 10 times an hour if I let him run loose!! I do always have water in front of him. should i limit his water?? Maybe put him in the crate more often while I'm home ???? any suggestions and is this normal???

snips
GDF Junkie

Re: why does my pup pee so much in the house??

Post by snips » Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:29 pm

Might check for UTI. Seems like when they reach around 12 wks they can hold it better.
brenda

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:31 pm

ditto on the check for a uti (Urinary tract Infection)
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

Kmack

Post by Kmack » Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:47 pm

snips wrote:when they reach around 12 wks they can hold it better.
Ditto.

Hot weather, drink lots, pee lots, no control yet...

3Britts

Post by 3Britts » Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:19 pm

Kmack wrote:
snips wrote:when they reach around 12 wks they can hold it better.
Ditto.

Hot weather, drink lots, pee lots, no control yet...
Have to go with this one.
He is only 9 weeks old.
If he is inside, I would limit the amount of water there.
If you keep him outside, provide the water. He will learn to hold it over time.

PTdawg

Post by PTdawg » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:07 pm

1doogie wrote:I have a 9 week old male GSPand he pees multiple times an hour in the house!! Ive' had other female pups befor but never a male. Is he just marking?? It is never a large amount just about a 2" puddle!! he seems to always empty his bladder outside. He seems to be able to go about 2 hours if in his crate. This seems normal to me. but 7- 10 times an hour if I let him run loose!! I do always have water in front of him. should i limit his water?? Maybe put him in the crate more often while I'm home ???? any suggestions and is this normal???
My gsp did this for awhile. When he was running around playing in the house he would get excited and pee a little in the floor. It took about 6 months for him to stop doing it and he will still do it if he drinks a lot of water.

MikeB

Post by MikeB » Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:46 am

I have seen this too and I am sure this pup has an infection, UTI. Please get it checked by the Vet and let us know what they found.

subatomicstang

Post by subatomicstang » Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:18 pm

They dont have the control to hold it for more than 20 minutes at that age.. something you deal with. WHen my guy was that young he did his best but he still had accidents you could always tell he didnt want to but if you didnt get him from the crate to the yard in time peepee time!
Randy B