Dont know which e collar to buy

fratelle

Dont know which e collar to buy

Post by fratelle » Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:54 am

Hi my name is Angelo I am from Australia. I was wanting to buy an e collar as the ban in Australia has now been lifted (cruelty issue's). As we only have a few re- sellers in Australia the prices are ridiculous anyway as it will be a major issue with servicing and repair if needed. which is a good reliable not too expensive e collar. I have a 15 mth old GSP male who is coming along nicely and I am following the perfect start/finish DVD series which I purchased here on this forum from a member (thankyou again). he is doing most things right but needs some fine tuning.

Brittguy

Re: Dont know which e collar to buy

Post by Brittguy » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:38 am

On the Tri Tronics website they are offering the Pro 200 G2 at a deep discount 290.00 including shipping.

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:44 am

Go for the tri tronics they may be more but they will last you for a long time
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

scott_r

Post by scott_r » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:13 am

Im very happy with my Tri-Tronics G3 Sport Upland. Does everything I need it to do and the remote is a nice compact size.

Cheers!!

578SLE

Post by 578SLE » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:42 am

I would vote for the Tritronics collar also. My friend uses them and has not had any issues with them. I use Dogtra collars and while they work fine I have had them break several times. Each time Dogtra has fixed them under warranty in a very professional and timely manner, but I wouldn't want to be sending collars back and forth from Australia.

texscala

Post by texscala » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:21 am

I have a dogtra 200 ncp and it was cheap and works great. Never had a problem with it.

snips
GDF Junkie

Post by snips » Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:00 pm

I use the TT that is 239. and love it.
brenda

bwjohn

Post by bwjohn » Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:34 pm

I 2nd, check the TT website, they have a lot of deals going on right now. I think that most agree they are a top quality collar.

When looking at collars I think the more simple the better and the fewer things to mess up.

Brandon

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Post by birddogger » Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:36 pm

snips wrote:I use the TT that is 239. and love it.
Me too. It is the Sport Basic G3 and is expandable to 3 dogs.

Charlie
If you think you can or if you think you can't, you are right either way

pmccumons

Post by pmccumons » Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:19 pm

I own a Classic 70 G2 EXP 2 dog model and am very pleased with it. Try the collar clinic website, they usually have some good deals.

fratelle

Post by fratelle » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:02 pm

Thank you all, it looks like Tri Tronics is the one I just hope they ship to Australia. I must say I use this forum as my bible for training and my dog is coming along very well I plan to enter him his first retrieving trail soon and am sure for what I have seen I will be very competitive. So I will tag my dog “Made in the USA”. Thank you all again much appreciated.

Regards,
Angelo Sercia

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:13 pm

might look up Lion Country supply I think they will ship to Austrailia....
if you don't have luck there PM me and I will find out who an internet friend of mine got his through that lives down under
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

Hooks and bullets

Post by Hooks and bullets » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:47 pm

Take a look at the Dogtra 1900ncp.
I've owned one for a couple of years, and the thing is bullet proof.
I train and hunt year round... 2 weeks on a single charge is the norm.
Besides a good e-collar, don't forget good instructional material on proper use of the
e-collar and a solid collar conditioning program.
Good Luck.

fratelle

Post by fratelle » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:04 pm

The Dogtra 3500 ncp seems good value the tri tronics seem much more expensive. Should I be ok spending the extra getting top of the range Dogtra 3500 or settle for middle range TT same price also could not find TT 200 @ special price

nj gsp

Post by nj gsp » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:17 pm

I started with a sport basic G3, then got an Upland G2 EXP, and just bought a Pro 100 G3.

The Pro 100 is for training, the Upland is for hunting. If I only could have one, it would be the Pro 100. It will run a beeper too, and it's only slightly more complicated to turn the beeper on & off remotely.

Are the G2's and Pro/Field G3's better than the Basic G3's? I think so. But no matter what, I wouldn't spend my money on anything other than TriTronics. They are also the only company where everything they make is waterproof, and that makes all the difference.