Training Objectives month 4/5

Luigi

Training Objectives month 4/5

Post by Luigi » Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:23 am

Hello,

What should I be aiming at for a HWV that just turned 4 months old?
I have read that at this age I shouldnt train him too much as he is in his more independent phase (until 8 months) and could acquire disobedience issues. Is this true?

Right now he "SIT"s on demand even at a certain range and "HERE" when not to many distractions.
We are working at "HEEL" but hasnt been too easy, same thing with "FETCH"... he finds it much more intresting to have the dummy all for himself. (In fact he prefers to be dragged by the check cord than actually walking back with the dummy in its mouth :P When he finally gives up he just leaves the dummy lying there and comes walking like nothing had happened) ::frustrating::

Any advice is greatly apreciated.

Cheers,

Luigi

snips
GDF Junkie

Re: Training Objectives month 4/5

Post by snips » Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:37 am

I would read these archives, there is all the info you need. If you have a 4 mo old V I would leave all the obedience alone and let him grow up awhile.
brenda

Saltriver

Re: Training Objectives month 4/5

Post by Saltriver » Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:49 pm

take him on medium walks. maybe where he can find birds. don't wear him out to much, keep it fun and maybe work on here though not real hard unless it becomes a problem. throw the dummy for him and don't chase him with it. a good here should take care of that later. that is really all the training he needs for the next couple of months unless you have birds that you can start to gun break him with. (should be done on our walks).

justin