Electronic collar question

basspow

Electronic collar question

Post by basspow » Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:40 am

What is the charge longivity on a dogtra collar. Will it last for a couple of days hunting?.providing
it is turned off while not actually hunting. thanks:

topher40
GDF Junkie

Re: Electronic collar question

Post by topher40 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:51 am

From what I have been told, (I just got a Dogtra last weekend so I cant tell you yet) the batteries last FOREVER. I know I hunted for two days straight with 5 different dogs from sun up to sun down and my batteries are still kicking. Then again it depends on how much you are actually using the collar, my dogs each got 1-2 nicks all weekend so there wasnt much use. 8)
Chris E. Kroll
CEK Kennels
http://www.cekkennels.com
785-288-0461

Governments govern best when governments governs least

-Thomas Paine

postoakshorthairs

Post by postoakshorthairs » Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:55 am

I've used mine for a couple weeks at a time for training before charging. I think it will handle two days of hunting for sure but i haven't used the beeper mode while training so i'm not sure how much that will drain it.

dugger13

Post by dugger13 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:35 am

Mine (dogtra 2502) lasted for a 4 day hunt in South dakota with power still left. I used the beepers locate function pretty regularly, and used the collars stim too.

gonehuntin'
GDF Junkie

Post by gonehuntin' » Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:21 pm

Without using a beeper, mine will go two weeks between charges with the dog hunted every day. Don't use it much though.

Sorry, just re-read the post and saw you asked about dogtra. I have a TT.
LIFE WITHOUT BIRD DOGS AND FLY RODS REALLY ISN'T LIFE AT ALL.

Hunter

Post by Hunter » Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:37 pm

I have a two dog with beepers for my shorthairs, it is less than two years old and by my experiance the batteries DO NOT last long if you are in the beeper mode and even worse if it is cold out. Yes they do last longer if neither one of the above are happening, but I dont think I would reccommend it over my other tritronics.
Jerry Alden

2X NGDC/GFC/FC Clk's Point Me The Way ( Allie ) http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/genview.php?id=2765

Hooks and bullets

Post by Hooks and bullets » Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:08 am

2-3 weeks on a single charge is normal for my Dogtra e-collar.
I train almost every day, come fall I guide at a hunt club or chase native birds 5 days a week.
I live in Minnesota and use it all seasons... no issues with the cold hampering battery life here.
My hunting and training partners all use Dogtra and have experienced the same outstanding reliability.