Dogtra 2500 T&B or Tritronics Upland G3 EXP

gspkimber

Dogtra 2500 T&B or Tritronics Upland G3 EXP

Post by gspkimber » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:28 pm

Just want to know what you all thought. I have skimmed some previous posts and saw a few comments. Is there any updated opinions between the two collars. The Dogtra price is a little better (haha) but will I get the same quality? Thank you for your input.

Madra Rua

Re: Dogtra 2500 T&B or Tritronics Upland G3 EXP

Post by Madra Rua » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:13 pm

Ive had The DOGRA T & B 2500 for 5 years now Just replaced a battery in one collar yesterday, never had a problem
With the Collars or Transmitter.

madra rua
Fetch it up

BirdieBoiler

Post by BirdieBoiler » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:06 am

I love my Dogtra..I do have it for sale in the classifieds if you want to check it out..Only reasons I am getting rid of it is because I've gotten more into retrievers so the beeper isn't too necessary and I am wanting a multiple dog system for when I hunt more than one dog out of the boat...

dugger13

Post by dugger13 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:39 am

I have a 2 dog dogtra 2502 and love it. The cold weather has not affected in any way, which was one of my inital worries when i got it. I have not owned a tri-tronics so far.

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:39 pm

TRi tronics here Been through the other companies and my TT outlasted them all

Plus TT is American made with American components that is why you pay a little more PS and the people speak english and when you do on the rare occasions need something done you don't have to wait for parts to be shipped from over seas like we just had to do with our DT launchers

the other thing I really like TT is the stimulation value it is more a pulse then a burning pierce so I get more response not reaction to the stimulation when I need to cue
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

bossman

Post by bossman » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:44 pm

I have a TT and a Dogtra 2502. The TT transmitter unit is an excellent unit, but the beeper, in my opinion, is the worst in the industry!!..If the beeper function is important to you, as it is to me, I'd go with the Dogtra. DT systems has the best beeper on the market imo..Take a look at the DT 2430 to compare..Hope this helps

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:55 pm

dogtra and DT both have fixed to the collar beepers ...when we got the beeper collars we had to send them back in to have the reattached so they would fit the pointing breeds properly they were set for thick necked labs which when you have an e collar on a dog having the collar snug to make proper contact is very important...but both companies were quick to have the beepers moved and reset and returned to us with in 3 weeks
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

Hooks and bullets

Post by Hooks and bullets » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:47 am

The Dogtra 2500 has the beeper horn molded into the receiver box and is not fixed to the collar as stated (incorrectly) in this thread. This feature is great for smaller dogs... also makes it less likely to catch on a fence. The Tri-tronics has a monster size beeper horn that is so loud it could wake the dead. One of my hunting partners has the Tri-tronics G3 and it has been back to Tri-tronics 3 times in the past year for repair.

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:09 am

glad to see dogtra finally wised up because the one we purchased was fixed to the collar..and yes it has been a while since I have purchased any other collar company collars

and as for the beepers...I have had no problems with the tri tronics beeper actually I like it since i have some low range hearing issues by turning the collar on and off from the transmitter it has a tone that goes downward a few note going off and then goes up a few notes when going on and that has helped my to locate my dog as I can't stand listening to a constant beep all day long...and my beeper is going on 3 years and still works

yes i wish it would stay on top of the neck a bit better but no collar is perfect

Vman

Post by Vman » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:27 pm

dogtra and DT both have fixed to the collar beepers ...when we got the beeper collars we had to send them back in to have the reattached so they would fit the pointing breeds properly they were set for thick necked labs which when you have an e collar on a dog having the collar snug to make proper contact is very important...but both companies were quick to have the beepers moved and reset and returned to us with in 3 weeks
I have a 40lb Vizsla that the collar fits properly and I still have two holes left. I don`t know what kind of dogs you were putting them on, but they must be small. I even put put one on a 35lb. French brit. No problem.
But they don`t make that model anymore so the point is mute. The new 2500 will fit a rat terrier.

There are some people that are breed blind and they are usually the same ones that are equipment blind. Can`t look outside of the box it might scare them. LOL They are all good, just some are better than others.

vzkennels

Post by vzkennels » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:48 pm

Breed & equipment blind ? Sounds a little fishy when it comes from some one who sells the collars they are BRAGGING on !! :lol:
IMO TT is the Top of the line but lets just say another brand was equal,I will put my money on AMERICAN MADE even if it cost a little more.
We need to put Americans Back to work & support this country,the people that have worked for companies 30 & 40 yrs then see their jobs go to China when they are TOO old to find another DECENT job might understand this the BEST.JMO

gspkimber

Post by gspkimber » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:30 pm

Thank you all!

Vman

Post by Vman » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:20 pm

Breed & equipment blind ? Sounds a little fishy when it comes from some one who sells the collars they are BRAGGING on !! :lol:
IMO TT is the Top of the line but lets just say another brand was equal,I will put my money on AMERICAN MADE even if it cost a little more.
We need to put Americans Back to work & support this country,the people that have worked for companies 30 & 40 yrs then see their jobs go to China when they are TOO old to find another DECENT job might understand this the BEST.JMO
I also sell TT, Sportdog,DT. I own TT also. Do you own both? Didn`t think so. I have experience with them all.
The TT Sport that I mentioned that fell on the floor and broke was made someplace other than the U.S. I wish I could remember where. I may have to get another and let you know. They all have some good stuff and they all have some mediocre stuff. Thats why I have more than one kind. I prefer Dogtra for HUNTING. I prefer TT Pro for TRAINING. When buying a collar I suggest that the owner decides which he is going to do more of, Train or Hunt? This particular person was looking for a beeper for hunting, not training. Thats why I suggested the 2500 T&B or a used 2000T&B. Sorry if I sounded like I was bragging.

vzkennels

Post by vzkennels » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:15 am

Do I own both ? NOT ANY MORE.The DT I had wouldn't work outside on a dog when it was cool enough to hunt.Would work in the house but not outside on a dog bring it in the house & it was fine.I don't train or hunt dogs in the house.
My dogs wear them training & hunting & yes I use the beepers,guess what I can hear them TOO !! :lol:
I hunt with others that have other brands & most of the time they don't use them becuase not holding charge or not working for some reason.You can even get a good inojunk once in a while,kind like getting a bad TT,it happens but not often.
I sell niether!

Vman

Post by Vman » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:01 pm

Do I own both ? NOT ANY MORE.The DT I had wouldn't work outside on a dog when it was cool enough to hunt.Would work in the house but not outside on a dog bring it in the house & it was fine.I don't train or hunt dogs in the house.
So instead of sticking to the brands the author mentioned and needed info. on, we are now talking about DT?
I have no opinion on them as I do not own one, unlike some people.
My dogs wear them training & hunting & yes I use the beepers,guess what I can hear them TOO !! :lol:
I can hear mine pretty well,, old 2000T&B, and I am deaf without my two hearing aids. People with normal hearing can hear all of them too my knowledge.
I hunt with others that have other brands & most of the time they don't use them becuase not holding charge or not working for some reason.
Try and make something idiot proof, and you will only get a better idiot. :wink:

vzkennels

Post by vzkennels » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:14 pm

Vman you are the one that brought up ALL the other BRANDS.& yes I'm about the BEST idiot they make.MADE IN AMERICA! :lol:
Oh & the Hear it was about who ever said it was LOUD.It's loud so you can hear it when a dog is not under your feet! & I assume that's what a beeper is for but what do us idiots know? :)

Vman

Post by Vman » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:19 pm

yes I'm about the BEST idiot they make.
Wasn`t aimed at you initially,,, but I don`t think anyone will argue.

Hooks and bullets

Post by Hooks and bullets » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:14 pm

I was the poster that said I felt the beeper on the TT was too loud.
The original poster was looking for opinions.
I do not have big ranging dogs, so I do not need a
fog horn style beeper.
VZ, you are entitled to your opinion and I'm entitled to mine.
You are big on "made in America".
FYI, freedom of speech is also made in America?

vzkennels

Post by vzkennels » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:22 pm

H & B I agree & if you read it you will see I said. (JMO)
Yes I am big on made in America & if more were our JOBS would not have ended up in China. Again (JMO)

I AM AMERICAN & PROUD TO BE AMERICAN !!

Hooks and bullets

Post by Hooks and bullets » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:06 am

I agree 100%... too much is being outsourced to other countries.
You might just be surprised by where some of the components of your "Made in America"
products are actually made. Federal Trade Commission regs. are very loose when it comes to using this
label. Find me a "Made in America" truck that is completely made in the USA.

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:00 am

You just might be Surprise how much of Tri tronics Including the components are made and assemble here in America printed here molded here In America...I went down and got the tour and watched as they wire wrapped components and where they print the covers for the transmitters and how English speaking Americans Of different ethnic backgrounds made those parts and assembled the parts.

Supporting America Is Important to Tri Tronics :wink:

Ryman Gun Dog

Post by Ryman Gun Dog » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:33 pm

Sir,
I recommend the Dogtra T&B, I train Grouse dogs on a constant basis. The Dogtra T&B is the best unit on the maket as far as quality and reliability.
We use the older dual Collar units here at Pine Creek Grouse Dog Trainers, some of these units are over 17 years old now, they still functioning like new.
I do wish the Dogtra people would have left the engineering alone, and simply added the hawk scream to the unit. Instead they when digital and added some usless
options, a poor engineering decission. If you are lucky you can pick up an older T&B collar, thru the Collar Clinic for a lot less money than brand new. They also rebuild the collars it required. Further Dogtra builds a real nice bark collar, that runs with the same recharging set up as their T&B collars. Hope this helped a might.
RGD/Dave