snake training in AZ

pstrman

snake training in AZ

Post by pstrman » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:55 pm

Anyone know where I can get this done near the Valley? Also what about the vaccine available for precaution? cost?

Thanks Bryan

AzDoggin

Re: snake training in AZ

Post by AzDoggin » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:08 pm

Bryan, here's a recent thread on the vaccine and such: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=23179

Likely a search will turn up more. Our vet here in Gilbert swears by (but sells and administers) the vaccine.

The consensus of most is that snake avoidance training should still be the first line.

One member here, Kninebirddog has a Brit. Kennel in Coolidge and they do snake training. They also hold several NSTRA events down there. I'm sure you'll hear of more- and I'll be watching for the responses.

Here is Kninebirdogs website: http://kninebirddog.com/

jt807

Post by jt807 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:31 pm

They had one last Saturday.

I know of another guy who occasionly does it in the valley, send me a PM and I will give you his number.

Crestonegsp

Post by Crestonegsp » Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:04 am

Terry Chandler is as good of a snake breaker that you will find and he does snake breaking in the spring down in Sonita south of Tucson. His email is rugerheim@zianet.com. Email him and he will let you know when he is putting one on.
Dan Schoenfelder

CH/FC PVR's Rugerheim Smokin' Liberty
CH/RUCH PVR's Rugerheim Double Shot
PVR N' Rugerheim Vendetta Ride
Rugerheim's Final Frontier

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:10 am

you can also call Bob 520-709-1019 here in Coolidge AZ he can do snake avoidance pretty much when ever
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

AzDoggin

Post by AzDoggin » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:33 am

Found another snake avoidance trainer in AZ.

http://www.magmabirddogs.com/snakebreaking.html

A/C Guy

Post by A/C Guy » Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:42 pm

pstrman wrote:Anyone know where I can get this done near the Valley? Also what about the vaccine available for precaution? cost?

Thanks Bryan
If you have an E collar, you can do it yourself.

The vaccines are snake species specific. That means one vaccine will NOT protect him against every snake venom. The vaccine does increase the time you have to get the dog to a vet after a bite.

Snake train him yourself and do it every time his sticks his noise in a hole or under a rock.
"Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." John Quincy Adams.