First trip to the trainer...

JWP58

First trip to the trainer...

Post by JWP58 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:26 am

Well took my Brittany pup to meet his trainer and put him on birds for the first time (i got to meet him for the first time too).

Ace didnt "find" and of the planted birds per say (he did get pretty nosey around one). They got his attention when they came out of the launcher though, once he saw them he would sight point them...but thats it.

Trainer said to wait til september, let him be a puppy (which i figured was going to be the case). I did learn some things to work on between now and then, over all a productive morning.
PSA: DO NOT SELL ANYTHING TO "MRCREOLE", HE WILL RIP YOU OFF, JUST LIKE HE HAS RIPPED ME OFF (I will not edit this signature until I am paid by him)

phoenix

Re: First trip to the trainer...

Post by phoenix » Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:14 pm

How old is your pup? Such an exciting time! Trainin a new pup myself! keep us posted!
fg

JWP58

Post by JWP58 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:22 pm

he'll be 4 months old on the 18th

As of now he's just a goof ball puppy lol.
PSA: DO NOT SELL ANYTHING TO "MRCREOLE", HE WILL RIP YOU OFF, JUST LIKE HE HAS RIPPED ME OFF (I will not edit this signature until I am paid by him)

larue

Post by larue » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:15 am

I would get him into as many birds as you could now,when he is a young pup.

Maurice

Post by Maurice » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:57 am

larue wrote:I would get him into as many birds as you could now,when he is a young pup.
Me too but they would not be in launchers at that young of a age. Free flighted loose birds like quail or even chukar would be good. Just let the pup discover them.

Mo

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:33 am

Maurice wrote:
larue wrote:I would get him into as many birds as you could now,when he is a young pup.
Me too but they would not be in launchers at that young of a age. Free flighted loose birds like quail or even chukar would be good. Just let the pup discover them.

Mo
Ditto

I do not use Launchers when introducing a pup to birds way to much can go wrong from pup getting to close when launcher was let off to a pup being on top of a launcher trying to get at the bird and step on the release roller and get popped in the face.

I agree with Maurice free flight birds and just let the pup explore and bump into them chase them all natural
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.