Books and Videos

dhondtm

Books and Videos

Post by dhondtm » Wed Aug 04, 2004 5:48 pm

I know we have discussed several books & videos scattered throughout the forum. I was hoping that everyone can reply to this thread with suggested books and videos so it might be easier for everyone to find them all in one place. Please add any information on where one might be able to make purchases online or store suggestions as well.

I rushed out and picked up the "Gun Dog" 2nd edition DVD. This DVD covers the Richard A. Wolters technique in training a finished pointing dog. Personally, I was not that impressed. More and more people have suggested this is NOT a very good video and have recommended others.

grant
GDF Junkie

Post by grant » Wed Aug 04, 2004 7:28 pm

Perfection Kennel DVDs with John Hann:

http://www.gundogforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=153

IMO the best!

emae

Post by emae » Wed Aug 04, 2004 9:46 pm

Agree w/Grant---perfect start/finish videos. It is so straightforward, simple, common sense stuff and the big plus is--- it works!! Another plus imo, is there is no whoa barrel, board, post or other equipment needed other than a few basics. I'm working on whoa and have seen amazing improvement thus far. I have a somewhat hard-headed dog and this has done wonders. Still in the beginning process, but am confident and excited to move forward w/these videos.

dhondtm

Post by dhondtm » Tue Aug 31, 2004 4:38 pm

Well I ordered for "Perfect Start" from the PrefectionKennel back on August 10th and I have yet to receive anything from these guys. I will let you know what I think of the quality of the videos if I ever get them. :?

grant
GDF Junkie

Post by grant » Tue Aug 31, 2004 4:40 pm

That stinks! Have you tried to contact them?

Grant

dhondtm

Post by dhondtm » Tue Aug 31, 2004 6:39 pm

yes, some sort of issue with there supplier, but they claimed to be able to ship it it on the 23rd... now I am waiting for them to reply again because it has been over a week since they said they would be able to ship.

Hopefully soon though I got some wings I have dried up from my last training session and I was hoping there would be tips on the video as how to proceed. http://www.gundogforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=2952#2952

Ayres
GDF Junkie

Post by Ayres » Wed Sep 01, 2004 1:04 am

I got my videos that I ordered from them (received Saturday, 8/28, but I live just one state over).

But, apparently my DVD player can't play them! They're burned to DVD-R discs, and only play one second out of every seven (skipping). I'm awaiting a response from Jon via email. I'm not sure how often they get to check their email, though, since they spend all day in the field training dogs, so I'm going to give a phone call if I don't hear back by Friday.
- Steven

Justus Kennels.com

Justus James Ayres SH CGC - Justus - Rest in Peace, buddy.
Wind River's JK Clara Belle - Belle
Wind River's JK Black Tie Affair - Tux

grant
GDF Junkie

Post by grant » Wed Sep 01, 2004 10:09 am

It usually takes them a month to answer my emails. You would think the have some kind of customer support line????

Grant

icefire

Post by icefire » Thu Sep 02, 2004 1:57 pm

they really do not have anyone usually in the office. they do spend the majority of their time training and it is a family affair so every one is out working on the place. ufortunatly, one of the things you get when you are good is more business then you can handle so they are usually running around at full speed and the client dogs that they have take the highest priority. they will get back to you but there is nothing wrong with sending them an extra reminder or 2!

dhondtm

Post by dhondtm » Thu Sep 02, 2004 3:29 pm

:lol: Yeah!!! Finally arrived. Not the best quality, but GREAT content. I had no trouble in my DVD player, although it did skip a couple of times. I think my dog liked the video too, she was watching the TV with me for a lot of it. Especially, the introduction to the gun every shot had her looking.

grant
GDF Junkie

Post by grant » Thu Sep 02, 2004 3:32 pm

yep, the quaility of the video isn't that great, but the content makes up for it =)