Today's Training

deseeker

Today's Training

Post by deseeker » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:07 pm

Here's a couple pictures of Tug (Bean's Blaze Grandpup) that I took during today's training. He's 5 months old now. Tug points his bird, lets me get in front to flush it before chasing. He is used to the shotgun and will retrieve the shot pigeons to me (most of the time). The slack check cord is just in case :roll: :lol: ---it has been used a few times to stop him from helping me flush and to reel him in if he decides he is going to take the bird somewhere else instead of to me. He should be ready to hunt this Fall. I don't break them to stay steady to shot and fall until after their first bird season. Don't try and change me on how I do it (to old to change my ways :D ) & I have had 4 master hunters so it works for me.
tug & jess 4-22-18 002.JPG
tug & jess 4-22-18 007.JPG
Tug has been fun (so far :roll: ) I think I'm going to enjoy hunting over him the next 10 years or so :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Re: Today's Training

Post by Sharon » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:53 pm

That's a fine looking pup. Enjoy. :)
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

DonF
GDF Junkie

Post by DonF » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:53 am

Nice looking puppy!
I pity the man that has never been loved by a dog!

adrianastepheny

Post by adrianastepheny » Sun May 20, 2018 10:50 pm

Wow. It's really nice photo. what a pose!