Updated Training pics ..Jack & Jill

Post by lvrgsp » Thu May 17, 2007 9:11 pm

Jack

Jack

Jill

Jill

Jill....absolutely love this one

Chip :D
Last edited by lvrgsp on Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

topher40
GDF Junkie

Post by topher40 » Thu May 17, 2007 9:48 pm

Great pics! That one of Jills rear end sticking out is nice also. Thats why I like them long tailed dogs though thier rear ends are eisier to see! 8) :lol: :D
Chris E. Kroll
CEK Kennels
http://www.cekkennels.com
785-288-0461

Governments govern best when governments governs least

-Thomas Paine

arrowbanshee

Post by arrowbanshee » Fri May 18, 2007 7:51 am

great pics, how old is jill?

lvrgsp
GDF Junkie

Post by lvrgsp » Fri May 18, 2007 9:26 am

Just over 11 weeks old, and those were all scent points, very happy with her so far. And Jack will be 2 in three months.
Chip

arrowbanshee

Post by arrowbanshee » Fri May 18, 2007 9:30 am

what type bird is she pointing, quail or pigeon, wild or pen raised?

lvrgsp
GDF Junkie

Post by lvrgsp » Fri May 18, 2007 11:07 am

She is pointing pen raised quail. I plant the quail in the fencerows and hedgelines hoping to get her to run from line to line, and so far she has picked that up real well, she is a very bold independant pup, she will just hang out about 50 yds or so in front most of the time and search.She is a very tenacious little pup when she catches scent locks in and sticks em, and holds them real well very patient on her game so far. I am very happy with this breeding. I would definately buy a pup out of a repeat breeding if I was in the market. Or look hard at another Cooper breeding or an Abbie breeding

Chip

sweetsong

Post by sweetsong » Fri May 18, 2007 6:35 pm

Great pictures Chip. I love it when everything clicks for the young pups and they lock up on a bird. Makes me want to get another pup.

Terry
Terry & Kim Singsank
Sweetsong Shorthairs

Sweetsong's Wildfire Greta
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=160

DGFavor
GDF Junkie

Post by DGFavor » Fri May 18, 2007 7:52 pm

Looks like a good time!! Fun to see the pups pointing at that stage!

I've got a nearly 5mo. old pup that I'm just biding my time with till the birds of the year are big enough to be worked then we'll see if he's got any hope like yours. I did hear from one of the owners of a littermate the other day - had his pup out with him while putting his bear baits out. Couldn't find pup...oh there he is...pointing as intense as could be on a ruff next to the trail. Put a good chase on it on the flush. Pretty cool - the instinct is there, just add birds and years!! Hopefully mine'll do the same but I probably picked the dud!

Keep the pics coming and good luck with those two - looks like a good crew!

Cool pic in your avatar Terry!

lvrgsp
GDF Junkie

Post by lvrgsp » Fri May 18, 2007 9:09 pm

Thanks Terry and Doug.
I could not agree more Doug, it has got to be one of the best moments to see young pups put everything together. Not quite the landscape that you have Doug but it works. You should think of making a calendar with those pics you take, heck I'd buy one. Got any pics of that Scooter pup of yours Doug?

lvrgsp
GDF Junkie

Post by lvrgsp » Fri May 18, 2007 9:27 pm

A few more pics

DGFavor
GDF Junkie

Post by DGFavor » Fri May 18, 2007 9:37 pm

Thanks for the comments - I haven't been everywhere but I've sure seen beautiful country whereever I've been!

I don't have any great Scoots pics...hopefully he'll hang around long enough to get some. Despite vaccinations/kennel cleaning/etc. he's gotten pretty sick with Parvo so he's in the vet ICU. 1st time I've ever had a dog get it and I'm pretty meticulous with my kennel cleaning. I counted 3 bottles of bleach hanging on the kennel doors today! We just do the vaccinations ourselves and talking with the vet today she said ~90% of "failed" vaccinations (meaning dogs that get parvo despite vaccinations) are from home vaccinations. Laypeople underestimate how temperature sensitive the vaccine is and it really needs to be chilled right up to the time of injection she said...oops. I never really thought about it and am sure the meds sat on the car seat for the ride home, sat on the counter while I got 'em ready, yada, yada, yada. You'd think a doc would know better huh! He'll be OK I think but was sure a sad, sick looking pup today when I took him in.

Anaconda Pintler

Post by Anaconda Pintler » Fri May 18, 2007 9:42 pm

sorry to hear about your stroke of bad luck with the pup Doug I hope he turns out fine.
Has nothing to do with luck just boot leather and a fine GWP...

lvrgsp
GDF Junkie

Post by lvrgsp » Fri May 18, 2007 10:04 pm

Sorry to hear that Doug, I hope the best for you and him and a speedy recovery, looks alot like some all age champ out west.......Ha, Stitch I think his name is.

Chip

DGFavor
GDF Junkie

Post by DGFavor » Sat May 19, 2007 1:46 am

He'll be fine - I hope!! The little nut! Yah, he does look like his 'ol man more every day!

My Bugsy dog has the same "dam" side as your Jack and he's sure been a nice, nice dog so far. Hopefully we'll be making a broke dog competition debut with him at the Sharptail this year...we'll see how he takes to the summer training - looks like you're well ahead of us!

lvrgsp
GDF Junkie

Post by lvrgsp » Sat May 19, 2007 8:46 am

Good to hear he should be fine.

Bugsy is out of Jeza Belle right?

Yea I really like that Dam side breeding. It works well with alot of different breedings I think.

Yea Jack is coming along real well, thanks to the help of Dennis Brath, as a matter of fact Jack is going back to Dennis in June to polish up some stuff to get him ready for master hunter passes this fall.

Chip

Sorno

Post by Sorno » Mon May 21, 2007 12:27 pm

My little girl wants to eat everything. I let her have the wing off my turkey on shot on sunday and she carry's it all over the place. then she will start chewing on the feathers. I don't know if I should let her or not. I don't want her to get the wrong idea and not carry the wing/feathers but I don't want to her chew it up either.

Wagonmaster
GDF Junkie

Post by Wagonmaster » Mon May 21, 2007 1:31 pm

Hope it turns out Doug. It is nasty, but plenty of dogs survive.

lvrgsp
GDF Junkie

Post by lvrgsp » Mon May 21, 2007 1:46 pm

Sorno,
How is your little pup doing? You picked the Red female right?
Do you have any pics of her yet, I would love to see pics from all the pups from that litter.

Chip

Sorno

Post by Sorno » Wed May 23, 2007 9:10 am

lvrgsp wrote:Sorno,
How is your little pup doing? You picked the Red female right?
Do you have any pics of her yet, I would love to see pics from all the pups from that litter.

Chip
Yep I got red/Lucy I have some pictures but I don't know how to get them from the camera to my computer. I am working on that. She is doing great her speed is improving quickly. She really try's hard to keep up with my old girl. Every bird in the yard has to be pointed at. She was point at a bat, hanging on the wall of the garage, this morning. She is doing pretty good with retrieving. And is at the point where she wants every thing in her mouth to gnaw on.

She was a peeing machine but I got that mostly under control now. We will she how she does today in the kennel. She makes it thru the night all the time now but once in a while she will go in the kennel during the day.

I will try to get those pictures off the camera this week.

lvrgsp
GDF Junkie

Post by lvrgsp » Wed May 23, 2007 2:33 pm

That sounds great I am looking forward to seeing the pics, let me know if you need help posting them.

Chip

Hotpepper

Post by Hotpepper » Thu May 24, 2007 8:53 am

Doug

Hopefully we have Jack's momma bred again, should be here around the 4th of July. When Hoke sent Scampi here 10 years ago, it did light a fire that I hope burns for a long time. Jesse has been a real good producer and has my Pepper dog, both Scampi/Buddy dogs. Is Peggy gonna breed here again, if you know.

The Jack dog of Chips is very nice and there are 3 others out of that litter that are gonna make it as well. Nice bunch of puppies they were.

Pepper
2009 NGSPA National Champion R/U
OFA Good 06/09
3 years of Age

http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=2071

Jeremiah 29:11

God says He has Plans for Me

Sorno

Post by Sorno » Fri May 25, 2007 11:38 am

lvrgsp wrote:That sounds great I am looking forward to seeing the pics, let me know if you need help posting them.

Chip
This is what i have so far. I am working on some pointing pics but its hard to get them. 8)

lvrgsp
GDF Junkie

Post by lvrgsp » Fri May 25, 2007 10:24 pm

looks good Sorno. Looks like she is getting to be pretty big as well. Her ticking really came through alot after I got her home. I just weighed Jill on Monday and she weighs 18 lbs.
Keep the pics coming.

Chip

Sorno

Post by Sorno » Tue May 29, 2007 8:28 am

lvrgsp wrote:looks good Sorno. Looks like she is getting to be pretty big as well. Her ticking really came through alot after I got her home. I just weighed Jill on Monday and she weighs 18 lbs.
Keep the pics coming.

Chip
At her last weight in she was 18 lbs. 2oz. She has been eating like a cow lately as well. Must be growing spert time. 8)

lvrgsp
GDF Junkie

Post by lvrgsp » Tue May 29, 2007 12:22 pm

Sorno,
Lucy and Jill look like they could be littermates..........Ha Ha :lol: :lol: .......(wait a minute they are littermates..).
Sorno, have you had the opportunity to get Lucy on any birds? Jill is a bird crazy dog, I can only imagine all of the pups being that way, it was a pretty consistant litter.

Chip

lvrgsp
GDF Junkie

Post by lvrgsp » Tue May 29, 2007 12:29 pm

So Jerry has Pepper bred again? That should be a nice litter of pups Jerry. When do you expect a whelp date?

Chip

lvrgsp
GDF Junkie

Post by lvrgsp » Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:48 pm

Went to Cadens for the weekend, here are a few more pics of Jill on pigeons for the first time. :)

This was a quail from previous training.

Look Dad, Got 'em boxed up for ya!

Chip

lvrgsp
GDF Junkie

More pics from this evening

Post by lvrgsp » Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:01 pm

Sorry it was getting dark out, pics not the best quality, funny thing Jill did not seem to mind. Ha

lvrgsp
GDF Junkie

Post by lvrgsp » Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:34 pm

Funny thing on that second pic was she never saw the bird held point for quite some time, even after she broke point she ran over top of it and it flushed she turned around in time to see it flying off, that was good.

Chip

AceofSpades41

Post by AceofSpades41 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:11 pm

Chip

She's like she's going to be one special girl :D

lvrgsp
GDF Junkie

Post by lvrgsp » Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:28 pm

I'm hoping so, I have had the opportunity to watch both her parents and if she has any of there abilities, and I don't screw things up to bad, she'll be a good one. Thanks