Trainer for my Brittany

SpencerDencer

Trainer for my Brittany

Post by SpencerDencer » Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:10 pm

I'm new to hunting and dogs and I'm somewhat at a loss for finding the right trainer for my 7 month old Brittany. Most of my inlaws hunt, but have never actually had a dog trained. I've researched many trainers online and through these forums, but I am looking for recommendations of a trainer/training facility. I currently live in Illinois, but am moving to Florida in the next couple months. Local trainers would be good, but are not absolutely necessary. Anyone have a recommendation of a good trainer for Brittanys? Thanks for your help!

grant
GDF Junkie

Post by grant » Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:19 pm

Stop in La Fayette, GA on your way down and drop the pup off at Brenda's... Come to think of it, you might call first...

http://www.walnuthillgsps.us

I think they've trained a few... Hope this helps!

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:24 pm

Brenda aka snips on this board
Maurice Lindley Maurice has a new web page posted onthis board
Nolan Huffman beeline brittanys

Can't go wrong with any of them
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

john

Post by john » Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:34 pm

I had my britt trained by "snips", and I had a very positive experience.

Karen
GDF Junkie

Post by Karen » Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:48 pm

If they don't have to be local, Pete DeAngelis, Longview Kennels in Slatington, PA

Pete trained the ABC 2002, 2005, and 2007 National Gun Dog Champions, and trained their owners to handle them to those titles.
ImageImage
Woodland's Spirit of Big Oaks & Woodland's Money Pit

snips
GDF Junkie

Post by snips » Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:56 pm

thanks guys...At 7 months we offer a puppy program that basically just get them off to the right start.. Hunting, pointing, Come, gun conditioning. It is a month course then we will send them home to do some growing up before the steadying process later.
brenda

Maverick

Post by Maverick » Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:20 pm

My male brittany Maverick has been spending time at www.wildmtnbrittanys.com in PA and they have been doing a great job with him. I could not be happier with the results. Both Brian and Helen are great folks.

Mav......
We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare.
And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.
-M. Acklam

Knine's Ghost Rider

Paisley

Ch Ruffwood's Dixie Girl FD

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:36 pm

P.S.
Nolan is in N Carolina
Maurice is in S Carolina and
Brenda AKA Snips is in Georgia
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

tailcrackin

Post by tailcrackin » Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:26 am

Maurice, www.Lindleykennel.com
Thanks Jonesy

dog dr

Post by dog dr » Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:50 am

if you want to keep him in IL, check out Gene Salmons in Liberty. I have one of his dogs, and decided to let him spend a month with Gene last summer. I think Gene is the reason we had such a great season this year. google nevene kennels and you should find him.