Tri-Tronics Pro 200 or Pro 100?

campgsp

Re: Tri-Tronics Pro 200 or Pro 100?

Post by campgsp » Fri May 17, 2013 3:57 pm

If the dog is 300 yards away I wouldn't think you could see a mistake, and I wouldn't shock a dog that I can't see, let alone hear my given command. Not really teaching anything there. Causing confusion and or making them afraid.

On the other hand dog chasing deer, etc. Maybe for that in a given situation.

roaniecowpony

Post by roaniecowpony » Fri May 17, 2013 4:26 pm

campgsp wrote:If the dog is 300 yards away I wouldn't think you could see a mistake, and I wouldn't shock a dog that I can't see, let alone hear my given command. Not really teaching anything there. Causing confusion and or making them afraid.

On the other hand dog chasing deer, etc. Maybe for that in a given situation.
You're being obtuse.

RoostersMom
GDF Junkie

Post by RoostersMom » Sun May 19, 2013 11:43 am

Thanks guys for the input on the continuous button vs the momentary. Looking back at my dogs in the last 10 years, I realize I can't count on my hand the number of times I've wanted/needed to use a "nick" instead of a continuous button. Maybe it's more common in some training scenarios that I'm unfamiliar with.

Thanks for the insight - even though it was unintended - good information.

royta

Post by royta » Tue May 21, 2013 5:42 am

birddogger wrote:
And for me, I'm just trying to buy the best product, for me, that I can.
I understand and that is why I said that some of us were making it sound more complicated than it is. Any of the ones mentioned should serve you well as long as you make sure you know how they are meant to be used and how to use properly.

Charlie
I am only considering Tri-Tronics. I wasn't looking at the Sport series because of the 1/2 mile range. I am certainly considering the Delta Sport because of the 3/4 mile range, the Tri-Tronics/Garmin engineering, and the greater adjustability. Oh, and cheaper price too. Hopefully the greater adjustability comes with an ease of use too. I can't see how it would be worth it if it is difficult to access the different stimulation levels. I wish I could download the Owner's Manual. It was still not on Garmin's site as of yesterday.

LeonStagg

Post by LeonStagg » Tue May 21, 2013 7:28 am

I use a TT Flyway G3EXP and am pretty satisfied with it. At this point in my dog's training, I use primarily the contiuous stimulation for escape/avoid compliance.

I have however, found with this collar, that there seems to be a pretty wide gap between the #1 and #2 level of stimulation in the continuous mode. I have only compared it in my hand and by the response from the dog. I will check it with a meter at some point.

Dog does not respond to level #1, but does every time on level#2. I would always choose the lowest level stimulation necessary to get the correct response, looks like I will stay with level #2 for now.

The collar is properly fit with the long contacts in use. (Magnus is a Large Munsterlander, 6 months old)

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Tue May 21, 2013 8:29 am

RoostersMom wrote:Thanks guys for the input on the continuous button vs the momentary. Looking back at my dogs in the last 10 years, I realize I can't count on my hand the number of times I've wanted/needed to use a "nick" instead of a continuous button. Maybe it's more common in some training scenarios that I'm unfamiliar with.

Thanks for the insight - even though it was unintended - good information.
If you wanted nick just press and release the button...it is only as continuous as you hold down your finger :wink:

That is what I love about my pro 100 I control what I need when I need it by press and release or press and hold ...I do not rely on some in the way toggle switch .The pro 100 does have a momentary button should someone feel they need to use it it is the button on the very top...
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

S&J gsp

Post by S&J gsp » Tue May 21, 2013 3:44 pm

I'm using a Pro 100 and like it a lot. I can dial it down low and use low med and high without looking and still have a nick feature that I can fall back on