What A Shame

RayGubernat
GDF Junkie

Re: What A Shame

Post by RayGubernat » Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:26 pm

randomnut wrote:Yep, it can definitely get discouraging being a new guy, just for being someone (like me), who had never had a hunting dog, or like me, had not had a dog in twenty years.

Just because we ask questions some of ya'll might think ridiculous, we ask because we're trying to take the best care of our partners as possible.

Sharon, I for one appreciate your PM's with advice.

Randomnut -

I strongly encourage you...and anyone else for that matter...to keep asking questions about dog training.

THAT is what this forum is, or should be about.

The only dumb question...is the one you do not ask...because if you do not ask...you will never get an answer. And THAT"S dumb.

Many years ago, before the internet and all of this communication, some folks took the time to show me some things about dog training. It is my duty to pay that forward, as best as I can. There are lots of things I don't know about dog training...but the stuff I know, I try to share...because others did it for me.

I am very sure that there are quite a few folks who feel just the same as I do. There are a bunch on this site.

Keep on asking. You will get your answer(s), one way or another. Some you may not care to use, and some will be less than friendly, but there will also be those who will try to steer you clear of the obstacles. You will be able to figure it out I am sure.

RayG

mnaj_springer

Post by mnaj_springer » Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:56 pm

RayGubernat wrote:
randomnut wrote:Yep, it can definitely get discouraging being a new guy, just for being someone (like me), who had never had a hunting dog, or like me, had not had a dog in twenty years.

Just because we ask questions some of ya'll might think ridiculous, we ask because we're trying to take the best care of our partners as possible.

Sharon, I for one appreciate your PM's with advice.

Randomnut -

I strongly encourage you...and anyone else for that matter...to keep asking questions about dog training.

THAT is what this forum is, or should be about.

The only dumb question...is the one you do not ask...because if you do not ask...you will never get an answer. And THAT"S dumb.

Many years ago, before the internet and all of this communication, some folks took the time to show me some things about dog training. It is my duty to pay that forward, as best as I can. There are lots of things I don't know about dog training...but the stuff I know, I try to share...because others did it for me.

I am very sure that there are quite a few folks who feel just the same as I do. There are a bunch on this site.

Keep on asking. You will get your answer(s), one way or another. Some you may not care to use, and some will be less than friendly, but there will also be those who will try to steer you clear of the obstacles. You will be able to figure it out I am sure.

RayG
Well said, once again, Ray. I completely agree.
“Man's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions.”
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Sr.

RayGubernat
GDF Junkie

Re: see you next year

Post by RayGubernat » Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:43 pm

Ricky Ticky Shorthairs wrote:This went about like I thought it would. See you guys next year.

Enjoy your Facebook my good man.

BTW, I don't subscribe to Facebook or Twitter or Skype or LinkedIn or any of the other "social" media so you won't see any of my posts there unless someone else thinks they are worth repeating.

I know... you're crushed.

Cheer up though...I'll be here when you get back...unless I croak off in the meantime. Ya never know.

See you next year. Or Not.

RayG

tailcracken pointer

Post by tailcracken pointer » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:08 pm

If you think the mods are bad here , don't go on ultimate pheasant hunting site they are the worst that there is on a site let alone a bunch of old drunks!!!!!! Let alone WAY OVER MOD imo I think they do a good job here and Ezzy thanks for being so knowledgeable on how to train dogs and a few others on here you have helped me tons!!

Bacon1676

Post by Bacon1676 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:20 am

I've written two different things, all about two paragraphs long and ended up deleting both to end up here.

I got nothing. Lol

Just wanted to post something. I'm too bored. Gonna go play with dog now. :D