pics from some check cord training

tmoneysju

pics from some check cord training

Post by tmoneysju » Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:04 pm

I've been working Tucker on the check cord lately, specifically on "come". Just thought I'd share some pics from yesterday, I took him to a preserve near my house:

Danro

Post by Danro » Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:20 pm

Where's that you're training? It looks like a place I hunt in upper bucks county near riegelsville. Great country up there.
"They asked, and He brought quail...."
Psalm 105:40

tmoneysju

Post by tmoneysju » Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:32 pm

Danro wrote:Where's that you're training? .
it's actually Chester County, the Okehocking Preserve

romeo212000

Post by romeo212000 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:35 pm

Looks like your keeping it fun. How is he coming? Come is one command that I started from the week I got her home and she rarely even hesitates.

tmoneysju

Post by tmoneysju » Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:58 pm

romeo212000 wrote:Looks like your keeping it fun. How is he coming? Come is one command that I started from the week I got her home and she rarely even hesitates.
i've been working on it since i've had him. We started off only inside and built him up from a leash inside to eventually no leash inside. He's reliable inside. Now I'm moving outside with a checkcord and starting again.

AT2

Post by AT2 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:15 pm

Danro wrote:Where's that you're training? It looks like a place I hunt in upper bucks county near riegelsville. Great country up there.
My original ancestor on my mothers side immigrated to Bucks county in the early 1700's. Pretty cool.

fuess

training

Post by fuess » Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:27 pm

Might really be Delaware County. Shoot me a PM or a message when you are running there. I run my dogs there quite often. I live across the street.

In addition, I see you are from Lansdowne. My family has a food store in Lansdowne. Been there for years. We might know each other if you shop there.

Do you hunt?? PM we should get together for a preserve hunt before spring arrives.

Fuess

lvrgsp
GDF Junkie

Post by lvrgsp » Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:31 pm

Good looking pup, nice looking grounds as well.

Chip

tmoneysju

Re: training

Post by tmoneysju » Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:37 pm

fuess wrote:Might really be Delaware County. Shoot me a PM or a message when you are running there. I run my dogs there quite often. I live across the street.

In addition, I see you are from Lansdowne. My family has a food store in Lansdowne. Been there for years. We might know each other if you shop there.

Do you hunt?? PM we should get together for a preserve hunt before spring arrives.

Fuess
definitely could be delco, it's off w.c. pike close to the border. What's the store in Lansdowne?

GSP in Philly

Post by GSP in Philly » Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:32 pm

Didn't realize there were that many people from SE PA on the forum. I was born in Landsdowne but live in Philadelphia. I am always looking for people to train with in the area.

tmoneysju

Post by tmoneysju » Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:28 am

GSP in Philly wrote:Didn't realize there were that many people from SE PA on the forum. I was born in Landsdowne but live in Philadelphia. I am always looking for people to train with in the area.
that's awesome, I have seen a few members from our area on here in the short amount of time I've been a member. Since I'm very new to this I'd always appreciate getting together and getting some pointers from everyone else. Maybe we can set something up in the next few weeks, at the very least a meet and greet/run haha.

Kevin

fuess

training day in 2008

Post by fuess » Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:21 am

My family owns Mar Win ShopnBag. I work there on most Friday nights. Stop in and introduce yourself. Always open to a training session. My schedule is pretty flexible, so throw out some dates and lets see if they stick.

Fuess

sambuca

Post by sambuca » Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:47 pm

Great Pics! I love the one of him with his head in the grass digging up mouse nests. Our pup Sammy (Tucker's Brother) does the same thing! Your dog looks fantastic.

tmoneysju

Post by tmoneysju » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:21 pm

sambuca wrote:Great Pics! I love the one of him with his head in the grass digging up mouse nests. Our pup Sammy (Tucker's Brother) does the same thing! Your dog looks fantastic.
Thanks, he's been a blast and one of the biggest challenges i've had yet, haha.

I'd love to see some updated pics of Sammy if you have them. Tucker's currently sleeping in the crate, this is the only time of the day that he lays down and stops moving (when he's in the crate).

gar-dog

Post by gar-dog » Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:49 am

I'd certainly like to get together sometime too.

On shotgunworld we organized a PA/NJ/NY shoot one day and it was a lot of fun. We should have a gundogforum meet.

I got my Brittany from Marjo's as well if you recall, but she is a month or two younger than yours and Sambuca's.

Gary