New launcher.... anybody seen one of these?

tommyboy72
GDF Junkie

Re: New launcher.... anybody seen one of these?

Post by tommyboy72 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:51 pm

Well stated Nebraska. :)

Scott D.

Post by Scott D. » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:55 pm

Nebraska and everyone (LOL)

You make a good point. I have not posted an update for a couple of weeks because I was not exactly sure what it was going to take to get me out the woods with the circuit boards and wanted to be more clear on that. Now that I have received them and reprogrammed them. I also got to put a few more things together than I should have. I am finally putting them in boxes and ready to throw some labels on them. So, this week I will be filling most of the orders. Then I should get the remaining boards to fill the rest of the orders with in 2 weeks.

I have to say thank God for great kids. My son has been so, awesome in getting these ready to go out the door. Well I better put in a good word for my wife too. This has become a family afair real quick.

I will post some pictures tomorrow and focus on getting these in the mail.

Thanks for the patience on this and hanging in there with me. I am 4 weeks away from having the kinks worked out ( having consistent inventory to ship the day I receive orders).

Scott

tommyboy72
GDF Junkie

Post by tommyboy72 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:16 am

Thanks for the update Scott. We really appreciate it. :)

Nebraska

Post by Nebraska » Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:04 pm

Thanks Scott.....hang in there and make sure to tell the wife and kids we appreciate them too!! :wink:

littleking

Post by littleking » Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:53 pm

so, we are halfway through the week... have you begun shipping the launchers?

jager meister

Post by jager meister » Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:05 pm

it is the 31st here and no sighting of the launcher. how can i find out if i am in the "majority" of those to get thier order. I hope to get it soon any information would be great.

james

Driveby

Post by Driveby » Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:45 am

I checked the website and entered my invoice number. It still says "In Progress". I sent an email asking about the status of the launchers and when I could expect my order a few days ago and have heard nothing back. :? And yes, I've reviewed this thread. :roll:

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:45 am

Scott updated his info two days ago. The next day someone posted its been half of the week and then today you are asking for an update. Patience man, patence. I know its been a long wait but everyone was kept informed hat there were problems and they were working to get everything corrected. I believe Scott said he should be able to start shipping by this week.'

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

Scott D.

Post by Scott D. » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:29 pm

I got a lot of them sent out on Wednesday. There are some I did not. I will be making phone calls and updating everyone today and maybe tomorrow. There are some odd things that have cost me a lot of time. Missing a deadline is something that never sits well with me so as you can imagine I am just about ready for the padded room.

So, I am prepared to work with you guys however I can to make thing right. I know I may lose some business because of the hiccups I am dealing with but, standing behind my word is more important to me. I have 20 units waiting for circuit boards. I anticipate getting those out within 2 weeks. That will get me throw 85% of the orders then in a month I will have inventory on the shelf for current orders and there will be no wait time.

The good news is that there are some lessons that have been served up to me on this so, the future will be a lot smoother.

Sincerely

Scott

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:58 pm

Wow ...How thick do you want the padding....Glad to see you checked them out before sending them on....Sounds like you are really trying to take care of us...Thank you

and

Go ahead bump My order back when you have stock on hand and take care of someone else who needs launchers...I am perfectly fine with waiting ..we have launchers out in the big dog field I am going to use the ones I ordered for you for the puppy field

You'll owe me a steak dinner some time down the road fair enough :mrgreen: :lol:
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

luke0927

Post by luke0927 » Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:45 pm

Ok i got 1 of the 2 today...i test fired it a few times in the house i really like it hope to throw a pigeon in it tonight.

jager meister

Post by jager meister » Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:47 pm

i got mine works great!

luke0927

Post by luke0927 » Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:41 pm

jager meister wrote:i got mine works great!

I got called into work and im still here...... :cry: least im paied OT :D

Jager how far away did you get to try it?

rstbkt69

Post by rstbkt69 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:47 am

There's two. Anymore???

2britts

Post by 2britts » Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:21 am

One of my three made it yesterday. Looks like it is built pretty solid. It made it to the house about 3 hours after I had left with the girls to go run. So I didn't get a chance to take it with me out to the farm. I should get a chance to try it in the next few days.

JJ

wiggy

Post by wiggy » Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:21 am

to you guys that have received launchers, what was the date that you ordered yours?

dugger13

Post by dugger13 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:53 am

I ordered mine late april, early may I got 1 today of 2 ordered. The launcher itself looks good, but no instructions, number to call for help etc... Just the launcher in a box. No charging information, and of course i can't get mine to work.

Mine doesn't seem to be working. Unless i cannot figure it out. I turn it on, hit the launcher buttons but nothing. The remote has 5 buttons on it, i tried all of them and nothing.

Did you guys charge yours before trying them out? My green light stays on for about 10 seconds then goes out. I might have to call Scott and ask what is up. Probably me not the launcher.

Assuming i can get this to work, my next question is going to be how to program these launchers to one remote.

A simple user guide on a plain piece of paper would be nice. Or maybe a link to w writeup on his website would be good to. I left it charging and the switch to the off position. I am going to try it again after work and see what happens.

BCA1228

Post by BCA1228 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:03 pm

I believe I ordered one either late April or early May as well. No sign yet though.

2britts

Post by 2britts » Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:30 pm

I looked mine up and the order was confirmed on April 29th

Winglish

Post by Winglish » Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:40 pm

OK, I've lurked this forum for almost 4 years now, but this is my first post. I also ordered one of these launchers and received it over the weekend. I couldn't get mine to work initially, but finally I figured it out. I agree that there should be a set of instructions included in the box. I don't know the technical lingo, but the problem I had was similar to dugger13's. I found that the launcher arm took some elbow grease to get it working the first time. I pushed the rollers in really hard over the canvas and felt it engage. It took a lot more effort than I thought. Thereafter my launcher worked great and now requires only a gentle push to get it to engage. I would also like to know how long to charge the launcher. Does anyone know?

luke0927

Post by luke0927 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:47 pm

OK not sure on the charging but...for those that have multiple launches my understnding is this.....when all the swtiches are up on the board the top middle button will launch that launcer...if you switch "7" down the left button will launch it....when you have "8" down the right button will launch it. The middle button will launch all of them at the same time....like flushing a covey....they bottom button is the locator. Mine came charged or at least enough that the battery light was not on.

12 Volt Man

Post by 12 Volt Man » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:02 pm

I've been following this thread a bit. I called Scott when I saw these latest posts about no instructions. He's going to get some info out soon on how to operate them.

Scott D.

Post by Scott D. » Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:16 pm

I know I shipped without instructions and admit that I made the decision to get these shipped and then get the instructions posted on the website. I gave my web guy the information to post it while I was putting them together. Well obviously he did not get that done. I will get something posted here shortly for all of you. You are welcome to call me as always and I will take you through it. It is pretty easy but, with out instructions could be quite confusing.

Scott

Scott D.

Post by Scott D. » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:17 pm

Here is a link to the instructions. I will take some pictures of the launcher loaded for you to see. How it is set. That part of the process is pretty straight forward though. If you get through the instructions and still have questions call, post here or email me.

http://www.treadsandtracks.com/products ... :714:0:0:0

mtlee

Post by mtlee » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:15 pm

I received one of my launchers today. Here are 2 issues I'm having. Anyone else having the same problems?

1) Range: Mine only launches/locates from about 2 feet away. I turned it on and got about 30 feet away and pushed the button...nothing. I walked closer pushing the button repeatedly...nothing until about 2 feet from the launcher.

2) Locater: Mine is only audible from about 3 feet and closer. Not a huge deal because I generally remember the general area I had a launcher planted, but my DT launchers are audible from a MUCH greater distance.

Scott D.

Post by Scott D. » Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:08 pm

I am now aware that some of the launchers have a range issue. With all the QC I did I didn't test for range because the first ones I got out had the range that I expected. Everything is set to reach the 100 yard range in the design of these. In all my testing it was very consistent at 70 yards and in from there. What I do know about this is that the wire/antenna was not crimped on the pin that creates the connection for the antenna to function correctly. Yours is obviously functioning like it has no antenna at all.

That said, go ahead and send it back I will have it taken care of and back to you. This is an issue that got through the cracks.

Scott

dugger13

Post by dugger13 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:32 am

I had to ship mine back due to a error with the antenna, Mine only launched from about 6 inches away from the board.

Scott did call me and was a pleasure dealing with.

tommyboy72
GDF Junkie

Post by tommyboy72 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:15 pm

I emailed Scott and informed him that since I coach college football that I was running out of time to get some serious training done and he was kind enough to send me one of his Dogtra launchers until he could get mine shipped to me and was very apologetic. Even though there have been some wrinkles in his distribution plan the guy is very nice and very good to deal with.

dugger13

Post by dugger13 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:05 pm

i got my 2nd launcher today in the mail. it works great up to about 50-60 yards.

littleking

Post by littleking » Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:05 pm

mine works great from 3 feet... gotta send mine back.

luke0927

Post by luke0927 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:10 pm

Im sending my first 1 back hopefully the 2nd one will be here soon and it will work.

Driveby

Post by Driveby » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:41 am

I just wish I could get ONE of the launchers I ordered. Aaaaarrrrggghhh!!!!!!!!!!!!! :x

dugger13

Post by dugger13 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:44 am

maybe luke0927 or littleking will send you theirs. :D

What a long wait this has been. I just looked at the calander and bird season is only 6 weeks away. :lol: :lol: I probably won't even need launchers until next spring now.

Driveby

Post by Driveby » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:50 am

I know what you mean. When I ordered mine, my pup was 4 months old. Now she is 8 months old and has had no training with a launcher. I've had to plant birds under grass and kick them up. It shows too.

tommyboy72
GDF Junkie

Post by tommyboy72 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:21 am

My question is why do you have some that are getting 2 launchers and some that are not getting any? Why not fill enough orders that everyone that ordered one got one and then worry about filling double and triple orders?

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:44 am

Driveby wrote:I know what you mean. When I ordered mine, my pup was 4 months old. Now she is 8 months old and has had no training with a launcher. I've had to plant birds under grass and kick them up. It shows too.

There have to be at least a 100,000 dogs that have never seen a launcher and probably well over 5000 of them are Field Champions. Makes me wonder how we ever trained dogs without the modern equipment everyone thinks they have to have. I will admit the collars and launchers make it easier but I am not sure everyone shouldn't have to train a dog without them first. You would get to spend more time and get better aquainted with your dog and the dog would like that.

Ezzy

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Ricky Ticky Shorthairs

Post by Ricky Ticky Shorthairs » Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:41 pm

Right on Ezzy!! I think a lot of you would be surprised to find out that most of the top trainers in the country don't use launchers. If they do it isn't very often.

Doug

tommyboy72
GDF Junkie

Post by tommyboy72 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:10 pm

Everyone here has a wealth of training experience much more than me but the reason I and I am sure some of the others ordered the launcher was to make training easier and to make things smoother and this post is about not receiving the product we ordered and receiving a faulty product not to argue training methods. No offense intended Ezzy.
:D

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:31 pm

I've had to plant birds under grass and kick them up. It shows too.I've had to plant birds under grass and kick them up. It shows too.

Tommyboy,

Does this sound like a complaint about ordering a launcher or does it sound more like a complaint about having to plant birds by hand and the bad effect it has on his dog?

I understand the disappointment in having to wait but that was part of the deal when they were ordered. Sorry it has taken so long but you are being kept updated on the progress Steve is making and all of the complaining won't help a thing. Sounds like he is doing all that is humanly possible to get you the cheap launchers or should I say the good launchers at a cheap price?

Ezzy

Driveby

Post by Driveby » Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:52 am

Ezzy, let me explain. This is the first time I've ever tried to train a bird dog. I'm not an experienced trainer and I live in an area where there are little to no wild birds. So, making the training easier would be a big help for me. The problem I have is I want the dog to realize that if she gets too close, the bird will flush. That's hard to do with pen raised birds and not having a launcher. I'm not a wealthy man either so when I invested in these launchers, that was what I could afford. I don't have the money to go out and buy others while I wait.
I realized there would be a wait when I ordered my launchers. The wait, however, has been much longer than what was advertised. The problem I have is not being able to get a status on MY order, not the whole process in general. I can read this thread a hundred times over but it still tells me nothing about when I can expect to receive my launchers. I emailed Scott about it and received no reply. He did email me several days later telling about all the problems he's encountered. It seemed to be a "blanket" email as it was not addressed specificly to me. I replied with my concerns about my order and he responded with an email saying he was still trying to work out problems. He still never said anything about the status of my order. So, the complaint is not just the wait but the lack of follow up by the seller on letting me know when I will receive my product. I don't see where I'm being unreasonable in requesting to know the status of my order.

wems2371
GDF Junkie

Post by wems2371 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:20 am

I have followed this thread, even though I did not order one of these. Just prior to the original post/offering, I ordered a DT. I too have a tight budget, and can really only afford one launcher. If in this situation--I would not have been able to run out and buy well-known brand in the meantime. The issue of whether a launcher is needed, is besides the point. It's just another tool, that obviously a lot of people believe has value. I can certainly understand those that ordered and have been waiting for what seems like forever for the product. Everyone knew it would be a month......mayber two, but then another month, then maybe a few weeks more for some. I can only imagine Scott's frustration on his end, especially now that those that have finally been shipped are not performing as expected. That however is Scott's issue.........and not the customers. Sitting back, as an unbiased spectator, the problem I see is that the item presold seems to be much more experimental at the time of offering rather than a solid protype that just needs preorder financing to go into mass production. You can only expect folks to have soooo much patience (and confidence), and I think overall they've done pretty well. (By this time, I would have already asked for my money back. :( ) Denise

MillerClemsonHD

Post by MillerClemsonHD » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:06 am

I ordered 3 of these launchers along with a lot of others at the introductory price. I have no complaints whatsoever about how this has worked out. I knew from the beginning that there was a very high possibility of delays. We ordered a product that had working prototypes but had not had a first production run yet. Making 1 is not like making 500. We were offered a lower price for this inconvenience. I have only tested 1 of my 3 and it worked good from 50+ yds and I have not gotten to try the other 2 yet. If they have an issue I will send them back and let Scott correct them. Without all of the complaints Scott probably would have tested each individually before they shipped in the end he probably wishes he had done that anyway. An update that is posted here that says there is a problem with this or that and he is working to resolve it and will set the process back 1-2 weeks is about all you can ask for. If I needed a launcher today and couldn't do with out it, I would have ordered from an established company. I was willing to wait and had time to wait so that is why I took advantage of this opportunity. As you can see once Scott gets through this initial production the price is going to jump to $160 per launcher, but will be delivered in 4 weeks. I look at is as I got paid $180 for my patience. If this company was 2-3yrs old and been making this product for a while I wouldn't be this patient. I prefer to give the man 2-4 extra weeks to get everything right before shipping them. It is so hot here right now its not like I can use it for a few more weeks anyway. I do feel Scott is doing the right thing and trying to find a way to do something for the customers who received their launchers and would not release from a distance.

If you weren't willing to endure this situation should not have bought the launchers at such a good price and waited or purchased from one of the established companies.

brittfans

Post by brittfans » Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:56 pm

I agree,Id rater wait for mine then have to send it back.

dugger13

Post by dugger13 » Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:39 am

I had to send 1 of mine back, and don't believe i will get my shipping money back. That is a fact of life i suppose, but to send out products that have not been tested, especially in a first production run, doesn't look the best and probably won't sit well with everyone who has to pay more money now to ship back a product that they never used yet.

rstbkt69

Post by rstbkt69 » Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:34 am

Well I finally received mine today. It didn't work. All I had time to do was open the box and program the dip switch to work on the remote button. I had an appointment scheduled with my dogs trainer which is 2 hrs away so I had to leave it alone for about 7 hours. I fired off an email to Scott and left to get some training. 7 hours later and it still didn't work. I kinda figured the little shoe making elves had some cousins that came out and repaired broken bird launchers when nobody was home. But either they are too darn busy to make it out here to me or they got too tired to make the trip from all the work they have to do. As I was removing the top again to program the other remote button,( I thought maybe the remote may be bad ), I noiced the yellow wire had come undone. It hadn't neen crimped properly and was just flopping around inside the compartment with the other junk. I crimped the wire and tried it again and I'll be darned if it didn't work. But like most of the other ones 3 feet is about all the distance I have. Now all I have to do is wait till my email is answered so I can complain about it. Maybe I will ask that one that is tested by someone that will get their lazy but off the stool by the workbench and walk across the room to see if it will launch from at least 10 feet away be sent out.
Sorry for venting guy's. I had a fantastic day working with my dog. She is steady to shot now and even though she was a little goofy on the retrieve to me she has been retrieving to hand to the trainer. I was stoked because she will be coming home in a couple of weeks and I will be able to take her out to work with her so I can learn how to work her alone. When I got home I remembered about the launcher when I saw it and set out to try it out again. quite a let down after the day with the dog.
Jim

Georgia Boy

Post by Georgia Boy » Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:41 am

I think I am glad I ordered the DT.
Home of the truly versatile hunting companion www.vommountaincreek.com

Nebraska

Post by Nebraska » Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:32 pm

When it comes to launchers, there's definitely no touching these price-wise. Many are getting launchers that work great right out of the box and others may have a kink or two to work out on this 1st production run before they're 100%. If you have to work through kinks and are willing/able to do so, you'll be saving alot of $$ over DT/Dogtra units.

If you're on a budget or if you want to add more launchers to your routine, these units are tough to beat. FWIW - when I'm able to add a couple more, I won't hesitate giving these a go....

Driveby

Post by Driveby » Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:15 am

I finally received the 2 I ordered Friday. Neither will work from more than 6 inches away. I'm going to get a friend to fix them instead of sending them back. I've waited long enough without having to go through all of that.

dugger13

Post by dugger13 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:18 am

Driveby
maybe post the instructions or pictures on how to fix for others to see.

Driveby

Post by Driveby » Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:34 am

Will do. My friend repairs circuit boards for the phone system so this should be relatively simple for him. :wink: