E-collar sliding to side of neck

Nebraska

E-collar sliding to side of neck

Post by Nebraska » Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:18 am

When I put the e-collar on my 7mo pup it ends up sitting to one side of her neck instead of directly below here throat. The collar is on nice and snug so I can't understand why it would do that. I would think this would put undue pressure on her wind pipe when she's running due to the weight. Is this an issue?

romeo212000

Re: E-collar sliding to side of neck

Post by romeo212000 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:01 am

That is how I make mine wear her collar. She does fine with it. I do it that way so I can see the little red led light flashing if there is a question as to whether the collar is working or not. She also seems to respond better with it there.

phillipsgsp

Post by phillipsgsp » Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:31 pm

Does your collar have a beeper on the top? I have one with a beeper and it always shifts to the side. My other collars stay centered at the bottom. I have had no problems with the dogs feeling any type of correction with it to the side.

Chad
"GET THE POINT" http://www.phillipsgundogs.com Family and Shorthairs, it don't get any better than that!
Phillips' Tiptoe'n Tucker MH
Phillips' Lucy in Diguise SH

Nebraska

Post by Nebraska » Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:29 pm

No beeper....just the plain collar. Must do that because of the muscle structure on each side of her neck. I was just worried that she'd end up with a bruised wind pipe after a good run but if it's pretty common I'm good to go....thanks!

phillipsgsp

Post by phillipsgsp » Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:46 pm

Might try puting the collar on a bit higher right behind the ears and see what happens.

Chad
"GET THE POINT" http://www.phillipsgundogs.com Family and Shorthairs, it don't get any better than that!

charlie young

Post by charlie young » Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:20 pm

You can try sliding the strap, so that the buckle will be in a different spot.........worked for my 2 pups......

charlie

gonehuntin'
GDF Junkie

Post by gonehuntin' » Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:41 am

You have the collar on too tight. An ecollar does not have to be real tight. The collar will naturally hang with the reciever down. If it's a little loose, it hangs against the neck if you use the long points without being very tight. I have never had a dog with hot spots from a collar.
LIFE WITHOUT BIRD DOGS AND FLY RODS REALLY ISN'T LIFE AT ALL.

phillipsgsp

Post by phillipsgsp » Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:57 am

Makes sense, Just don't go to loose, you will not be making good contact.

Chad