Holding Well (pics)

luke0927

Holding Well (pics)

Post by luke0927 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:19 pm

Doing a little dog work this dog has come a long way! he was busting birds and chomping and crushing....he is 2.5 after I FF him he is now doing great he is holding well and pointing nicely. So far i haven't shot a lot for him but ive had him pointing and holding steady very well. Im about to start shooting over him and heading to South Dakota at the end of the month i was thinking about taking my older dog but now i think i will take him and my young female.

midwestfisherman

Re: Holding Well (pics)

Post by midwestfisherman » Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:37 pm

He looks good. With the training and work that you've put into him, some wild birds sounds like just the ticket for him now.
Image * Image

"Your best conservation tool is a well trained hunting dog"

blunder

Post by blunder » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:42 am

You wanna straiten up the patch on that dogs side, it's all off kilter. :wink:

luke0927

Post by luke0927 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:35 pm

Thanks guys!

bobman

Post by bobman » Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:43 pm

Luke if you are driving spending a week and can do so, take as many dogs as possible. Their feet will tear up and you'll need to rotate them, its not anything like hunting here.
currently two shorthairs, four english pointers, one Brittany, one SPRINGER a chihuahua and a min pin lol

topher40
GDF Junkie

Post by topher40 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:48 pm

Very nice, for a gsp............. :lol:
Chris E. Kroll
CEK Kennels
http://www.cekkennels.com
785-288-0461

Governments govern best when governments governs least

-Thomas Paine

luke0927

Post by luke0927 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:23 pm

bobman wrote:Luke if you are driving spending a week and can do so, take as many dogs as possible. Their feet will tear up and you'll need to rotate them, its not anything like hunting here.

Since im not taking the truck i can only take 2 unless i put a crate on a trailer and im not real comfortable doing that...i wish i did have a bigger vehicle though....would you strap a crate on a trailer up near the tounge?

vols fan

Post by vols fan » Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:53 pm

Luke, looks like he's coming along fine. did talk to Richard, we can probably go next week if you want. what are you driving up to s d ?

bobman

Post by bobman » Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:02 pm

luke0927 wrote:
bobman wrote:Luke if you are driving spending a week and can do so, take as many dogs as possible. Their feet will tear up and you'll need to rotate them, its not anything like hunting here.

Since im not taking the truck i can only take 2 unless i put a crate on a trailer and im not real comfortable doing that...i wish i did have a bigger vehicle though....would you strap a crate on a trailer up near the tounge?
No I would put my crap in the trailer and my dogs would be sitting in the back seat or if in a truck right next to me :D , take the truck and spend a little more on gas you will be glad you did. By the way what are you driving the roads on the prairie can turn to a real mess instantly and its a long long way to town
currently two shorthairs, four english pointers, one Brittany, one SPRINGER a chihuahua and a min pin lol

luke0927

Post by luke0927 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:40 pm

no my truck is only a single cab tacoma 4x4 so its smaller....im taking the wife's Trail Blazer with 2 friends.....Im going to see if i can fit some of the small crates in the back...i think i could take all three of them then....the crates i have are much larger than needed for a GSP